Lesson Orchestrator 2018.1 Practice 7 Instructions seem incomplete (to me)

Hi,

I was following the steps for Practice 7 and added the Get credential activity.

I got to part 13 at the end where it says Press Run. There were a couple of problems, first it never says how you link to the credential you have set up in Orchestrator, you just seem to be adding 2 new variables to the Get credential activity but never referencing orchestrator in the input (as far as the walkthrough goes) Then it says that the password variable won’t work in the message box that has been added to show the username and password (which don’t have any values just unset variables) as it needs to be decrypted but never explains how to convert that except by saying to use Type Secure Text but then there is no explanation further It doesn’t say where to put it (I’m assuming between Get credential and Message box but then I’ve no idea what to do with it (I put the password variable into the SecureText input field but there doesn’t seem to be an output so how do you then get the decrypted password into the message box?)

Here is my appalling attempt at this Practice lesson (although I think the description could be improved to cover the ‘missing’ elements I described)

Main.xaml (6.3 KB)

I totally agree.

When I tried following the instructions in this particular lesson I got some errors and faulted jobs, all of them regarding authentication to the server (which was never fully explained in the course).

The error log I get everytime I try to run the process as instructed is:

• You are not authenticated! Error code: 0

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.Activities.OrchestratorHttpException: You are not authenticated! Error code: 0
at UiPath.Core.Activities.HttpStatusCodeExtension.OrchestratorEnsureStatusCode(HttpResponseMessage response)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.BaseAssetActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

• Start Time: 05/02/2019 2:16:10 PM
  • End Time: 05/02/2019 2:16:16 PM
  • Input Values: null

Output Values: Empty

• Has Recording: false

All the previous instructions/lessons were completed successfully, but this particular lesson is missing some info.