Installing UiPath - missing UiRobot service (18.1.3)

Hi, I have spent the last couple of days trying to make community edition (18.1.3) work to no avail. The fundamentally issue is, after installing, I have no uirobot service visible in services.msc. I have tried to:

1. Install on two different machines (windows 10) to check if there any peculiar config issues – same problem on both machines
  2. Use both ‘logged on user’ with local admin rights and evaluated rights to install – same result
  3. I can run UiRobot.exe (as logged on user or with elevated rights) which gives a tray icon but fails to connect to the non-existent service. This makes sense since no service has been installed

Any ideas? Thanks
Doug

@Doug please open folder “Uipath studio” if uipath was updated from previous versions Under " Uipath Studio" folder u will see version installed on your system open the latest version folder, you will find robot file run it once afterwards you can find robot in “Icons tray”

Thanks Manju,

I have found the file …\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.1.3\UiRobot.exe - is this what you mean by “robot file”. If I run this the tray icon will appear but after about 5-10 seconds goes red and reports that it can’t find the UiPath Service.

Thanks

Doug

@Doug This is only robot file i dont why it is showing error. Better uninstall uipath and copy any files if u needed and remove uipath folder. And it may for work for you try it Once

You have installed from the MSI which puts a UiRobotSvc in Services. That service is not started.
Alternative you can uninstall the MSI (and the service) and install only the community exe.

Hi Mihal,

I have only installed the community edition. All the symptoms I have recounted thus far relate to community.

So, I am correct in understanding that, if I install the community edition, there is no service? If so, when I run the tray app and it says “Error connecting to the UiRobot Services” this is by design?

Thanks

Doug

If you go to TaskManager->Services there’s no UiRobotSvc?

Hi,
Unfortunately, I don’t see any sign of the service.

Then I’m clueless. We’ll investigate. @Gabriel_Tatu

Thanks -if you need any more info please feel free to ask. Doug

Did you use the msi or the exe installer? Where is the installation path/folder?

Hi, exe (UiPathStudioSetup.exe 2018.1.3) installed to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\UiPath

Doug

Then there is no robot service installed as a service, it runs in user mode-when you run a workflow only

exe. there’s no UiRobotSvc.

OK, so if this is the case, when a workflow is executed from Studio the process is created? If I try running from studio it fails with:

14:05:12:819 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Workflow.Logging.StudioTraceListener] [9] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/UiPath/service/duplex/agent/xxx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

Thanks
Doug

What process are you running? Try a simple message box first.

This is what I’ve tried:

Mine path is same as yours and I still couldn’t find the UiRobot in the Services. Did you managed to get a lead on this?

Me also facing the same issue after restart the pc no issue but daily 3 to 4 times this issue receiving.

Nobody given the permanent solution.

how to manually install UIRobot service anybody let me

As far is this error is concerned:

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/UiPath/service/duplex/agent/xxx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

You might give this post a read: