UiPath robot service is not displaying in services.msc

UiPath robot service is not displaying in services.msc. hence i am not able to connect UiPath robot to orchestrator. but i am able to develop and run process in studio. how to fix this

1 Like

@Jeevabalan

Just search UIpath Robot and run it. And then you will find this UIpath Robot in system tray then you connect that machine with Orchestrator and then trigger the Bot from it.

1 Like

The below things i tried but still i am not able to see UiPath robot service in service.msc. so i cannot connect to robot to orchestrator.

1. i searched uipath robot and ran it
  2. i dont find UiPath installed in C://program files/uipath, so i open folder location of uipath installed and ran uipath robot and uipath.service.host.

still i dont get any luck. pls check the screen shots below
uipathr

1 Like

@Jeevabalan

You are using Community version right.

Without UIpath Robot service also we can trigger bot from Orchestrator. First create machine and Robot and then configure that machine with it. And then give it a try.

1 Like

I am using the community edition and its orchestrator for the same machine and robot from 2018.6 or above. after installing 2019.2 version only this problem occurred. in orchestrator the robot status shows disconnected. can we run job in robot if its disconnected?

1 Like

No. We can’t run if it is disconnected.

And Delete that machine and create fresh one and then check once.

1 Like

Nope. i deleted the machine and robot and created new machine and robot and copied new machine key and tried connecting. still same issue. i think the problem is around robot services in machine right. the service only communicates to orchestrator about its availability. is there any way i can install/create/run the service. pls let me know if you have any alternate solutions.

1 Like

i am facing the same issue. may i know how did u fixed the issue?

Did new update remove the Uipath robot in the services? Having the same issue.

Hi everyone,

The Community Edition robot service is a user process and was never visible as a machine wide service.

Only Enterprise edition has an actual machine wide service that you can see in services.msc.

I hope it clears the confusion.

See our documentation for more context.