Installation of Microsoft Edge extension in VM

Hi,

I am trying to install microsoft edge extension in virtual machine.Earlier this extension was blocked by policies but later managed to whitelist and install the same.
Now, I am unable to automate anything from edge browser even after enabling the extension in edge. I tried troubleshooting steps provided in this document Microsoft Edge Legacy Extension Troubleshooting

Please help me in this regard.

Reinstalling the Extension from Studio helped us solve some issues. Are you talking about the old or new (Chromium based) Edge browser?

I am using new chromium based edge browser.

Okay, what where your installation steps after the whitelisting?

You restarted the VM after installation?

When you start UiPath and Edge, can you confirm, that chromeNativeMessaging Host is running? (see attached picture)

Can you confirm, that you are using „UiPath Web Automation“ as an extension and not the Addon „UiPath“

I followed these steps:
=>Installed edge extension through command prompt as admin.
=>Enabled Uipath extension in edge browser and restarted the machine.

–>chromeNativeMessaging Host was not running when i open Uipath and Edge.

->Yes, I am using “UiPath Web Automation”

Okay,
can you please check two entries for me:

1. uipath-ff.json
    Can you confirm that the file is located under %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\UiPath and paste the content here? (there should be nothing confidential)

2. Registry Entry
    Can you look for HKCU\Software\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.uipath.chromenativemsg in your registry (regedit.exe; HKCU = Current User), whether it is populated? You should have something like C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\UiPath\uipath-ff.json in there

1 Like

Sorry, typo in the registry part:
HKCU\Software\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.uipath.chromenativemsg

1 Like
  1. I found crx_manifest_edge_chromium.json file instead of uipath-ff.json and the contents are as below:
    {

“name”: “com.uipath.chromenativemsg_v2”,

“description”: “UiPath Native Messaging Host for Chrome”,

“path”: “<C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\BrowserExtension\ChromeNativeMessaging.exe>”,

“type”: “stdio”,

“allowed_origins”: [

"chrome-extension://dkgencfabioofgdmhhjljpkbbchbikbh/"

]

}

1. Under HKCU\Software\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.uipath.chromenativemsg_v2 i have C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\UiPath\crx_manifest.json
    Under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Edge\NativeMessagingHosts\com.uipath.chromenativemsg_v2 i have C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\UiPath\crx_manifest_edge_chromium.json