How to set condition in a retry scope

Hi peepz
This workflow is working 100% now, but the worflow will keep looping until there is no error.
Can anyone provide an example of the use of retry scope, to restrict the number of retries?

Thanks in advance

Retry Scope condition can be one of the activities that return a boolean.

For example,
Is True or Is False are activities that return boolean.

Then, provide it a condition that will make it true so it continues to retry until the condition becomes false. And you can also adjust the amount of retries.

Hope that helps!

I cannot drag anything to the condition field, can you provide a simple example xml?

Thanks in advance.

Scope Retry works for Activity which returns Boolean, such as “Element Exists”, “Image Exists” etc.,

Hi Extinguir,
You’ll want to just get used to using the ones that provide you a boolean result. Go to the Search in activities and search for “exist” or “is” (like all the “is true” “is equal” or “element exists” etc)

You’ll get used to a few that you find comfortable using.
The boolean activities will let you drag it in to condition spot.

Thanks. =)

Hi,

We can use a “Is Match” and compare a string.

Regards,
Arun Sharma

I don’t find the “is true” activity. What package should I install to get it?

Install Microsoft.Activities.Extensions

Regards,

Hi Lucas, I still dont find the “is true” activity after installing the mentioned package.

Try Workflow Manager Activities

Try searching for Expressions and it will list all similar activities like Is True.

Also, you might run in the glitch where if you open Studio for the first time after a reboot, the packages don’t load, until you close and reopen Studio a second time… which may or may not be fixed in newer versions of Studio.