How to scrape or get hidden elements value in uipath

how to scrape the entire hidden elements values
1)which actitvity can we use to get it
Note:get full text is not scraping the entire hidden elements.

Kindly help

1 Like

Hi @rahinafirdosh

What do you mean by hidden? Not visible in the page as you need to scroll? If that’s the case you could use Send hotkey “down arrow”.

1 Like

Hi,

hidden Text
Full text should work unless target element is Citrix/ CMD or terminal applications.
In case CMD/Terminal App Check with Native scraping method .It probably does the job.
Apart from this you have to make sure element is visible to scrape.(make use of hotkeys)

1 Like

Hi,
I am facing issues with selectors.
1.i am able to find the selectors using UiExporer and when i use “Highlight” it is highlighting the exact nodes for all the elements in the application, but when I add the same selectors in the code and when I run the Bot it is throwing exception.

Exception: SelectorNotFound

May I know what would be the issue…

Hi,
treeshell

PFA for the reference:

selector issue:
I am facing issues with selectors.

1.i am able to find the selectors using UiExporer and when i use “Highlight” it is highlighting the exact nodes for all the elements in the application, but when I add the same selectors in the code and when I run the Bot it is throwing exception.

Exception: SelectorNotFound

May I know what would be the issue…

can you send the selector?

Hi,

<html title='Document #*' />
<webctrl class='plus-minus ng-scope plus' idx='1' isleaf='1' parentclass='tree-element referral ng-*' parentid='select-index-container' tag='SPAN' />

Hi ,
I am trying to send selectors,but its not getting posted.

can you send a screen shot of it instead of the actual string itself?

It’s visible now. For selectors and other code put them inside [ code] your code [ /code] tags ( without spaces in the tags)

Hi,
In webrowser :if data is in table format we scrape it using webscraping .

Desktop automation: how can we scrape or get the entire data which is in table .

can you guide how can we achive this…

Thanks in advance

the same selector i have more than 10 and based on idx value it clicks the node…same selector works sometime and sometime they does not work and it throw exception.

if you click on the Data Scraping in the top ribbon:

you can scrape tables from any application, not just web browsers

I am trying to scrape it using Web Scraping but its not working…

I have attached the error which is thrown.

kindly helpWindowsScrapeError

you should also have an opton on the UiPath ribbon for just ‘data scraping’ instead of ‘web scraping’

if you use data scraping, it should let you do it on non-web apps - see below it asks you to open ‘browser, application or document’

can you see the attachment…the one is behind Exact Wizard…I tried it…but its throwing same error…
can you try it once

same way I tried…its throwing same error if I use data scraping

can you please check with some one who has worked on windows application…please

Hi @rahinafirdosh ,

Looking at the selector i can see there are couple of dynamic fields .
Passing wildcard doesn’t works always. How come selector highlight perfectly using UiExplorer and not in actual activity ?:thinking:
Not sure whats’s your actal requirement here. In case your trying to click on each option in the menu tree then make use of find children activity and get attribute activity .Else you could try using Click Text activity for the same.

Regards to Data Scraping error.
Data scraping enables you to only extract structured data from your browser, application or document.
In your case i don’t see any structured data. Please make use of Screen scraping wizard.