How to run my automation projects simulatenously

Hi,

I just finished Citizen Developer program. I was able to automate some of my repetitive work tasks using community version StudioX.

I created around 6 projects. Now I wonder what is the best way to run them. I hope to run them simultaneously. Also I don’t want to open UiPath every time I need to run a project.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

hey,

if you have your process deployed in orchestrator, you can create new process, using a parallel activity, and then calling the run parallel process like that

keep in mind this will work for background (no user interface required) process only, because the wil in the same machine at the same time.

also if you havent deployed the your process, change the run parallel process by sequences, but all if this should developed in background mode.

if you want to run using orchestrator, then use triggers in orchestrator, so you can trigger when and which hour the will run

hope it helps

regards

Hi Fernando,

Thank you so much for your fast response!

I am very new into Uipath.

The furthest step I took so far is Publish one of my projects. And I don’t know what I could do with a published project.

I don’t know how to access Ochestrator either.

So for the situation that I haven’t deployed my projects, you recommended “change the run parallel process by sequences, but all if this should developed in background mode”, I need help understand what it means too☹

Hopefully you don’t think I am trying to waste your time.

The course I took didn’t give much detailed steps to follow.

Thanks.

I found out I jumped ahead of games a little bit. I see more tools showing up including Uipath Assistant. I got more ideas how things work now. Thanks!

Thank you Fernando! Yes, I heard from one of our power users similar advice.

Sorry for my late reply.

No, you can’t. Parallel doesn’t actually run things at the same time.

Yes, the way things typically work is you build your process in Studio, publish it to Orchestrator, then run it using Assistant.

However, you cannot run multiple processes at the same time if they’re interacting with the UI. Think of it this way…could two humans use your mouse and keyboard at the same time?

If you want to run multiple processes at the same time, you have to run them unattended via Orchestrator.

Oh, I see. So I would assume unattended process doesn’t involve such activities like mouse clicking or any human interaction with the process and every step is programmed, right?

" So I would assume unattended process doesn’t involve such activities like mouse clicking"

Yes, they do. Unattended processes can do everything an attended automation can do, but unattended automations are run by Orchestrator on a RDP server, without a human involved.

But no, a human doesn’t interact, like the automation pausing and waiting for them to do something or give it input (ie dialog box, form, etc)

1 Like

@Lydia_Liu

Is your requirement just to invoke the scripts without opening the stuido?
If yes you can refer to the below post.

“Path_to_UiRobot.exe” /file {pathof the .xaml file}"

Thanks for all your valuable inputs. I will just deal with what I can do for now. Thanks !