How to logically build Email Tracking and Stop, else send reminder again

Hi Experts,

Hopefully there is a solution for me as i tried to build a robot where i want to track says certain email address replied by sender after report being sent to them,

after sender replied, the process shall stop, else shall send a reminder after a timeline being set.

below are the flow i tried to create but somehow it doesnt trigger to stop(responder) after sender replied.

hopefully someone expert could solve my issue.

Regards,
Fred

Hey @Alfred_Gan

What’s the condition you are using in Flow decision please ?

Thanks
#nK

Hello @Alfred_Gan

I hope after sending the email to the DL you are using Get outlook activity with filters to check for the emails from senders?? Then you are checking for the predetermined replies from them & used a condition to validate.

Here it would be better to run the process in debug mode and verifying the values of the variables using in the condition.

Hi NK,

technically as below.

Regards,
Fred

Hi Rahul,

im a beginner for UiPath which i am still figuring out the logical flow and activity features.

Any solution or flow that would be suggested to use in order to make this run?

Regards,
Fred

Just to top up somemore details over the condition. these are the code i used.

1 Like

No need of any at the last and I hope you were using right sender email address when you ran ?

Hi yes it was just an example, initially i input the sender email in the bracket, now am figuring out how to segregate the emails sender if i have many differents address, and how to trigger to send the reminder to sender if its not replied, and stop the process when sender replied.

Hey @Alfred_Gan

What are you actually checking the condition here please ?

Thanks
#nK

Hi NK,

sorry for confusing.

the objective i wanted to achieve is,

a) send a list of item to individual email ( base on excel data with details + emails column )
b) after send, i wanted to track if the sender have reply or not, if the sender has replied within a timeline, then the process stop, otherwise the process shall wait for a timeline and resend reminder again.

so the condition i input was

(mails.where(Function(s) s.Sender.Address.contains(“email@example.com”)).any)

but somehow im still not manage to solve the process like when receive then top, else the process wait and send reminder again after a certain time set.

i am still trying to use flow chart or sequence to get this process built.

Hopefully you could help and assist.

Thanks!

Hello @Alfred_Gan

You can use a flag value. For example create a boolean variable emailCheck=“False”.

This should be declared at the top. Then in the Get Outclook if any mail received, you need to change the value of flag to True. ie, emailCheck=“True”.

in the decision you can add condtion to check emailCheck="True and then close the loop.

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for being helpful.

possible to provide a sample xaml file for this step?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Just to follow up if there is any resolution for this email track and stop, send reminder process.

Thanks in advance if anyone could help.

Providing a sample xaml may be tough as we need to re-create the environment setup.

But could you please let us know what is the point you are facing issue now.

Hi thank you for your respond, somehow i have tried using trigger scope and email outlook message trigger and seems much easier and straightforward.

Thanks!

Okay great, Sounds good :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.