I’m sending alert email notifications to users but don’t want to spam them too much. I have the email and logic all setup and the process runs daily, but I would like the process to check and see if the user has been sent an e-mail within the past 3 days. If they have been sent an e-mail, I would like the process to recognize and not send the email. If it has been more than 3 days since they have received an e-mail, I would like it to be sent out. Any thoughts on how to code for this?
Hope below solution will help-
- Create a database table or excel(Let me call it as Tracker) with columns “Sent To” and “Next Email Date”
- Send email
- Add the email ID that you are sending the email to, current date + (your case 3 days) into the Tracker.
- Next day, before sending email to an email ID check whether that email address exists in tracker ?
- If not send email and perform step (3).
- If exists, check current date matches the Next email date in the Tracker.
- If no records found, move to next email.
- If records found, send email and update the Next email date to current date +
Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for.
Thank you! I’m going to try this out tomorrow and let you know how it works out.
Hi, can the above solution use to track the list of receipient with specify the subject.As there might have same receipient with different subject.Could i set a maximum 3 reminder for the email and if no reply after 3 reminder ,the rpa will sent a list to me for my further action?Im relative new to uipath and still learning by looking same sample from forum
You can add another column in Tracker database for subject and validate the same before sending the emails.