How to create Select Box(Dropdown) and Check Box as an Input Argument in Library

Hello Everyone,

I want to create a dropdown box as an IN argument(like we do for string, int args) to my custom library. I don’t find the solution here. Can anyone guide me how to do that?

And also i want show IN arg textboxes(number of string IN args) based on the option selected in dropdown.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello @Gopi_Arumugam!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @Gopi_Arumugam , have you found a solution for this?

Sorry! i didn’t. It would be great if anyone share the ideas.

You can’t. You can only use primitive datatypes like string, int, etc.

“Dropdown” isn’t a datatype. It’s a type of UI control.

Thanks for the response. So, isn’t it possible to build library having dropdown to pass only few set of inputs? We have seen it in many custom activities if i am not wrong.

If you’re developing the activity in Visual Studio, I think you can. But doing it as a XAML based custom activity, you can’t.

Not sure if anyone is still looking for this solution but there is now a way to create a drop-down list an an In Argument for Library Activities… If you right-click the activity in the ‘Project Panel’ and go to ‘Activity Layout’ you should have the option to change the Input Type for the string argument. There are other options depending on the Argument Type like Radio Buttons as well. Hope this helps someone. @Gopi_Arumugam @tranthao240495

What version of studio are you using? I only see the top 3 options for a String datatype.