How to automate iOS device in Mobile Automation in UiPath

Hi,

I tried to connect iOS device in UiPath MDM but i don’t know what are the steps need to be performed. Can anyone help me in this asap and also share me the referral links. Thanks.

Any response

This guide has all the steps. Mobile Device Connection Step by Step Guide

Thanks for your reply.

With help of those link,

1. Mobile Device Automation with UiPath Studio (20.4 Community Preview Release)
  2. Introduction

I configured and developed the workflow in Uipath for Android device.

I’m stucked with automating iOS Device. For UiPath mobile automation we need an emulator or real device, for Android we can create an emulator using Android Studio. For iOS how we need to proceed?

In order to test on iOS simulator you need the following:

1. Access to a Mac machine.
  2. Configure a simulator (see https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/running-your-app-in-the-simulator-or-on-a-device)
  3. Configure Appium (see UIAutomation (iOS) - Appium)

After you have a working setup things should be the same from the point of view of UiPath Mobile, in the sense that you use the address from the configured Appium instance and the iPhone Simulator as a device name (the actual simulator will be selected depending on the platform version).

Is there any way to automate iOS device or emulator in Windows machine instead Mac Machine

AFAIK no!

@phaserescu
UiPath can work on Mac machine?
Is not only can work in Windows machine?

Yes, the Studio works on Windows but in order to test on a iOS Simulator you need a Mac with Appium on it. Studio will remotely connect to the Appium instance in order to execute Mobile Automation Activities.

Can you explain in detail how studio connects to mac remotely?
I only know it can connects with robot, but as I know robot need sutido so it also only can work on windows

It seems to me that you think about this as a general feature of the Studio. If this is the case, then it’s not: it’s only a feature of the Mobile Automation Activities. The activities use Appium to drive various mobile devices functions (click, install app, screenshot, get element). Appium exposes a REST API for this.
The workflow executes on Windows but the activities make HTTP requests to the Appium instance running on Mac.

Regarding the Robot: there is UiPath Assistant for Mac. So the Robot runs on Mac and you can execute platform agnostic workflows on Mac, but you can’t author workflows on a Mac.

Yes we can automate the iOS mobile application through Cloud device such as Browser Stack or Sauce Labs.

Please refer below video where my team member has shown in practical.

I think in video example shows for Android but you replicate same steps for iOS.

If you still need any help please contact my Technical Manager Mr. Sandeep Patil he will help you.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandeep-patil-5a40373a

Its can automate the iOS mobile application through Sauce Labs?
Its looks so cool, could you share some more detial info for me.
Such like how to setting MDM with Sauce Labs