High Density Robots

Do we still have options of running HD robots in Uipath? if yes, can someone point me out in right direction to get this information?

Hi @MGDEL,
Yes we have. Please have a look.
https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/understanding-uipath-orchestrator

Maybe I was not very clear on my question! Can I run two bots (simultaneously) on my system?

Hello @MGDEL

Hope this will help you!

https://orchestrator.uipath.com/docs/setting-up-windows-server-for-high-density-robots

Regards,
Susana

2 Likes

Yes you can run multiple robots on the same machine, but with different users.

Hi, didn’t want to start another topic about HD robots so I’ll continue this one.

I’m having problems executing 2 robots at the sime time under different user accounts on Win Server 2012 R2 server. I’m not using Orchestrator at all, but starting the robots manually with .bat files.

I’m getting below error when I try to launch the second robot while the first one is already running:

[RobotName] System.Exception:
Executor start process failed, reason System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700AA):
The requested resource is in use. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA)
at UiPath.UiSystemClass.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String bstrUser,
String bstrPassword, UiOpenSessionFlags nFlags, String bstrApplication,
String bstrApp Arguments, Int32 nDelayMs, Int32 userToken, UiGenericOptions options)
at UiPath.Core.Setup.OpenInteractiveWindowsSession(String username,
String password, OpenSessionFlags flags, String application, String arguments,
Int32 user Token, Int32 preferredWidth, Int32 preferredHeight, Int32 preferredDepth)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.StartProcessInSession(Guid executorInstanceId,
String username, String password, OpenSessionInfo sessionInfo, IntPtr userToken)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.Executor.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext
()

I’ve configured the server as per the instructions mentioned here

LoginToConsole is False
Remote Desktop Session Host is installed (free trial)
The users have all the required rights.

Does anyone have any idea why I’m getting the error?

Hi @esa.andsten,

May be you have already checked; but still asking.

Can you see how many users are logged in to the server now? The Windows server 2012 by default supports only two users to be logged in at the same time. Log out all the users and try running the two robots at the same time. If you want more than two users, you need to purchase the terminal license from Microsoft.

Regards,
Shiju Mathew

Hi @shijutmathew

Thanks for the suggestion, there are only 2 users logged in. The server is only used by me and I have access to several user accounts for testing purposes.

Have you checked the suggestions in this post? Requested resource in use Exception - Orchestrator - #9

Hi, getting back at this… I checked the suggestions in the above mentioned post but I’m still not able to launch the second robot while the first is running.

I tried to launch them both via Windows Task Scheduler and the first one launches ok. But the second doesn’t start at all, Nothing is generated in the UiPath Execution log. I tried with LoginToConsole True and False but looks like that doesn’t have any effect.

If I launch the first robot with scheduler and the second manually from Studio, then there are no issues.

The --monitor argument has some kind of effect here. If I launch the first robot without it and the second with it, then both start fine. The problem occurs when the --monitor argument is used to launch both robots. Does it reserve some Windows resource which then throws the Resource in use error on the second launch?

We have set up a bot server (Windows server 2014 R2) and an orchestrater server for hosting the orchestrater .

Please help in understanding if VM needs to be set up for each bot or I can create a bot farm in bot server (Set up service accounts for each bot) and proceed.

If I can set up a bot farm in bot server then please help me understand how this can be achieved.

Hi @Rajeev_Verma

By default, Windows Server allows up to 2 different simultaneous login sessions. So, you will need to activate the Remote Licensing feature which will allow as many as your server can handle. There is also an option that let’s you create a new login session with the same login if it is already active (I don’t recommend turning this option on because it won’t let you log into a session that is active until you disconnect it). So Remote Licensing is what you want, and it has a 90 day trial from my understanding so you may need to consult your IT department.

Secondly, make sure you change the LoginToConsole to “false” in the UiPath.settings file located on each server in the C:\ProgramData folder (it is hidden by default)

Lastly, you need to add all the user ids (aka robots) that you want to use and grant them either A) Administrator rights or B) Remote Access rights. You can do this locally by going to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage User Accounts. You can create brand new local IDs by going to Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups.
If you are on a company domain, it is normally good practice to follow your company’s process to create network IDs to be used for your robot environment.

I hope this is helpful. For further information about all this, you can take a look at their guides here: https://orchestrator.uipath.com/

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks @ClaytonM…This is really helpful to take a decision.Do we need to explicitly ask UIPath for remote licensing for the bots.I assume it will be one license per bot. and separate service accounts can be created for each of the bots
Can you help be in understanding more on remote licensing.If you have any document around , that would be great.

ManyThanks

Hi,

Remote Desktop Licensing is a feature that needs to be installed on the Windows Server. You will need to consult your IT support of the server for that setting and not UiPath. This is not related to the UiPath licenses.
Here is a little info: Activate the Remote Desktop Services license server | Microsoft Learn

I’m not an expert though.

Thanks.

@ClaytonM…Document is helpful… With your experience, can you help me in understanding if I can set more than one bot in bot server using remote desktop licensing feature…I assume yes…

You are correct.

Your Robot UiPath License will allow you to Provision a certain amount of Robots in Orchestrator.
However, if you server only allows up to 2 simultaneous accounts logged in, then your Orchestrator Robot will login 2 processes but the 3rd one will fail to login. So, activating more than 2 with Remote Desktop Licensing on the server will let all your Robots run on the same server at the same time.

I hope I am clear.

Regards.

@ClaytonM…It is clear…Thanks :slight_smile:

@susana…Is there any specific UIPath robot license to be procured for high density robots.
We are setting up a window server to run multiple bots for prod/UAT and dev (I assume No. of robot license = No. of server accounts)

Can you help me in understanding the architecture of high density robots.I assume remote destop sessions needs to be created in windows server for each of the service accounts.

Any help would be great

Hi @jibanjyoti
can you help me with above points you said?

in my orchestrator i have created the one robot and schedule the robot and execute successfully manner
But now i want to add the second robot as like same in 1st
so for that i have added the robot name how to be set as availlable ?

in using uirobot.exe their i created the for 1st robot image

if here i disconnect and connect the second robot means my 1st robot will be is “Disconnected” and second robot will be in “Available” am i correct!!!

help me out !!!

Hi,
Have you managed to start multiple bots on Windows server finally?
Rgds,
J0ska