High Density Robots

Hi,
No, I wasn’t able to get 2 bots running at the same time.

@esa.andsten We have had a similar problem but have mostly managed to resolve it with the below. I say mostly because the robots run for an hour or so then fall over but I suspect that is an issue in the robot code which we are investigating.

On the robot server check C:\ProgramData\UiPath\UiPath.Settings and make sure that you have the following setting: “LoginToConsole”: false.
Note: When you change this settings a service (UiRobotSvc) restart is required

We did get this working in the end. Our last problem was in our code that handled failure. Basically our robot session can open several browsers so if the process fails and needs to be restarted we need to tidy up. So we were using the KillProcess (as detailed elsewhere on here) but that was killing all the IE processes, even those on other users. So my colleague wrote a small piece of PowerShell and early indications seem to be good.

1 Like

We had this problem when trying out, the usual KillProcess Activity tries to kill all instances of the service, over all users, which is no good for high density robots. I have found that @ClaytonM has built a snippet ‘KillProcess per User’ which works by isolating the kill instruction to only the current user. link to his snippet is Kill Processes per User - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace i have a meeting with stakeholders later today to so some tests on the servers, and if it works change all KillProcess activities to this new one.

1 Like