Help with a possible bug Get Outlook Mail Activity

Hello wonderfull people of the forum,
I have a problem and i would like to have your feedback if possible.
I am working with a Get Outlook Mail Activity ( as part of a program) and sometimes UiPath runs perfectly and sometimes it stops the run.
I have a message (please loot at the picture below)

It is weird because i haven’t change anything of my program and sometimes works and sometimes not.
When debugging (on periods of times it doesn’t work) , it indicates it is the Get Outlook Mail Activity that doesn’t have the specified folder needed. But then i wait for a period of time and it starts working…

Would you have any similar experience like this? if yes, how can i find the solution?

Thanks

Hi @Ricchch

Try keeping this Get Outlook Mail Message inside a Retry Scope.
That might be limiting this issue.

1 Like

Hi @adiijaiin and thanks for helping.
I used the retry Scope activity but i have the same result and problem.

Mostly the case is with Network Latency sometimes when we get this error, for me it worked out when I put on a retry scope with retries as 3 and duration as 00:00:15

1 Like

Thanks @adiijaiin
I will tried your Retry scope with 3 retries and 00:00:15 as parameters and i could’t make it work for my case yet.
Thanks anyway :handshake:

1 Like

@Ricchch

Is your outlook open when bot is running or is it closed?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Anil_G and thanks for emailinh
Yes, it is open .
:handshake:

@Ricchch

Are you using any variable for folder name or is it hardcoded?

If variable please print and check for any differences

And yes few users have previously observed such instances but I tried replicating with a big loop but could not so I believe it must have been fixed

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks @Anil_G

i am using a variable for folders names

This is how my program starts

1. assign activity with a listSubFolders variable. The new List of string is composed of several outlook subfolder . for exemple: “Inbox\converters\ATCP”," Inbox\converters\mmm"… etc
  2. for each activity: where current folder is taken one by one from ListSubFolders
  3. Then a Switch case : the first Case is “ATCP”

Mi problem start with Get Outlook Mail Message , where i have

Thank you and cheers

@Ricchch

Please use a log message before this activity and print currentFolder

As it is dynamically created, its better to check if the path and folder name are proper

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Anil_G
i made it…
seems that folder path is well written.
Thanks

@Ricchch

Better add a trim and check may be there a spaces…And I hope the names exactly match with outlook folders

And is it happening for specific folders ? Or is it happening for any folder intermittently?

Sometimes its different…like some times it expects the account name as well …so when failed try appending it also…say outlook display name on left is abc@gmail.com then path should be abc@gmail.com\Inbox\Converters\ATPC

Cheers

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks @Anil_G
it happen for all the folders.
I tested TimeoutMS = 3000 seems to fix the problem but i am not sure it will not come back again
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.