Help, couldn't open 2 or more workflows in the same project

Hello everyone, im trying to create more workflows inside the same project, but allways the second workflow doesn’t run. eg. the main workflow runs normally, but the second throws the next error:

23.8.0-beta.13817+Branch.release-v23.8.0.Sha.120cd3ec54f082511b48105e2cfb52f8897346a8

La compilación falló o se canceló.

Error: UiPath.WorkflowProcessor.Common.Exceptions.UiPathLocalizedException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.WorkflowProcessor.Common.Preprocessing.WorkflowDocumentPreprocessor.TryGetDependencyTree(LoggingScope scope, String xamlFilePath, IDictionary2 codeSourceFiles) at UiPath.Studio.ProjectCompiler.Services.ProjectCompilerService.TryCalculateCompilationDependencies(String projectName, String projectPath, IEnumerable1 workflowsToCompile, IDictionary`2 codeSourceFiles), HResult -2146233088

Thanks in advance.

Hi @rpasistemasekt ,

The Error tells us that there might be some variable/argument value which is empty or null and therefore it is not able to proceed further.

Most probably it might be in the arguments passed to the workflow.

Could you perform a Debug and check in the Immediate Panel the values of the variables being passed to the second workflow if it is empty or null ?

The project doesn’t run at all. So I can use the inmediate panel. In fact, there isn’t a variable, it only have two “log console”, one per workflow

@rpasistemasekt ,

In that case, could you let us know if you are able to open the Second workflow separately and also could you try removing the workflow and adding it again ?

It’s the same, even if turn the second workflow to main, it continues throwing that error

By the way, this only happens on windows projects, in legacy i can run many workflows

@rpasistemasekt ,

I believe there is a similar error encountered in some of the other posts :

It points to workflow file naming convention, Could you try renaming the workflow file by navigating to the Folder Path and change the name from .XAML to .xaml file extension and then check if it works ?

Also, Keep a backup of the workflow before performing this.

1 Like

OMG, that work! Thanks a lot. BTW, do you know how to stop UiPath studio naming the files in uppercase?

@rpasistemasekt ,

When you create a new workflow file, does it have the extension in upper case ?

yup, everytime i create a new workflow in UiPath, the extension is in uppercase

@rpasistemasekt ,

Could you provide us with the Version of Studio being used ?

Studio 2023.8.0-beta.13817 - 8/10/2023
Community License
User-mode Installation

License Provider: Orchestrator

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.