Generate Yearly Report - transaction item doesnt recognize

When invoking Process Transaction workflow from main workflow, did you map in_TransactionItem argument to TransactionItem variable?

1 Like

Hi @Surya_Narayana_Korivipadu

Yes i think i did everything right

Hi. You missed to map value to transaction item. See below screenshot:

3 Likes

I’m unfamiliar with the assignment, but it looks like you should add the “TransactionItem” variable to the “Import Arguments” screen. Otherwise the value from TransactionItem will not be passed into in_TransactionItem, so the Process.xaml will never know the value. This is why it warns you that it is not set to an instance of an object, the argument is just empty.

Name: in_TransactionItem
Direction: In
Type: String
Value: TransactionItem

EDIT: @Surya_Narayana_Korivipadu showed the same, but quicker :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @Surya_Narayana_Korivipadu @Jeroen
It works but now i have only the page one who its working
when i delete the number “1” from the variable TransactionNumber it doesn’t work, i have page “0”

TransactionNumber by default is 1(do not edit this value), it’ll be incremented in set transaction status workflow and then the next time the number is 2 and so on.

ACME website doesn’t have page 0. right? Can you please elaborate your problem? I’ll try to provide a solution

1 Like

@Surya_Narayana_Korivipadu

This is the result when i delete the value from TransactionNumber

My GetTransactionData :

The element exists activity is using in_TransactionNumber value in it’s selector. So do not delete default value of TransactionNumber in main workflow.

As well, I see from your screenshots that you didn’t map in_TransactionNumber parameter to TransactionNumber. Please add this argument and map properly in Main worklfow, in the invoke process transaction → import arguments(I highlighted this import arguments windows in below screenshot, add in_TransactionNumber argument there and map it to TransactionNumber)

1 Like

Like this ?

1 Like

Yes ,also if you want to use the value from out argument map it to the corresponding output variable

1 Like

Yes correct.

One suggestion. If you want to know what’s happening, go to debug panel and click on step into to start the execution, keep clicking on step into to check the execution for every activity(one by one)

Step into will execute one activity at once. So when you click on step into first, it will execute first activity, then if you click on step into, it will execute second activity and so on. This will give you a better idea how the workflow is getting executed.

2 Likes

It doesnt click on the second page it stays on page 1

TransactionNumber increases for every transaction(you can check this from Set transaction status workflow)

But in_TransactionItem is mapped to TransactionItem variable. I’m not sure from where you are getting this TransactionItem data. Are you getting this from a queue item?

Can you share the workflow or the screenshots of get transaction data state?

2 Likes

You can find my workflow

2 Likes

ok. I’ll check and get back

1 Like

Hi ,
I could see ,you are not incrementing the transaction number

Incrementing Transaction number in the Set Transaction status workflow will probably resolve the current issue
Img2

1 Like

Your set transaction status workflow should increment transaction number, but this workflow is empty.

Copy the set transaction status workflow from one of your REframework projects(Even if you don’t have any other projects, create a new REfreamework project, there you can see this workflow). Please do not delete all the activities from set transaction status workflow. If your transaction item is a string, just delete activities relevant to queue item(from set transaction status workflow) and keep the activities which are incrementing transaction number.

Also as I said in my previous posts, debug the workflow step by step to understand what’s going wrong

1 Like

Can you send me process with the workflow plz ?

ok. I’ll share when time permits.

Please try the steps I said until then

1 Like