Data is not greeting added excel cells

Data is not getting added into TransNum, only first record is getting added.
Can someone please help me on this.
Im using RE framework, this is the screenshot of process stage.

Hi @vaibhav2.chavan

I’m guessing that the scope of the counter variable that you have defined there is not getting incremented each time even though you have specified it to be.

The reason is, once the workflow is executing, it will increment and add the first record, in the next iteration of the REFramework model, when the process workflow is again invoked, the counter variable is reset to its original default value. hence, it is not really getting incremented and the first record will be updated all the time…

So, the best option for you is, instead of using the counter variable, use the transactionNumber variable here. you can pass the transaction Number variable in the process.xaml file through an argument and use that in the write cell activity.

this will work for sure because that will have the value you need to update the row for each transaction :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Lahiru.Fernando, post:2, topic:185000”]
I’m guessing that the scope of the counter variable that you have defined there is not getting incremented each time even though you have specified it to be.
[/quote]Main.xaml (51.4 KB)

@Lahiru.Fernando - Thanks for suggestion, I got your point but im new to UIPath so how exactly i have to do and where. Request to you please provide your valuable inputs.
Attaching main XMAL file.

@vaibhav2.chavan

So, the tasks you mentioned in the screenshot in the post, those are included in the process.xaml correct?

So what you can do is, first open the process.xaml file and go to the arguments tab. There, create a new argument as “in_TransactionNumber” with the data type of Int32.

Now, use that argument in the write cell activity for the cell property instead of the counter variable. once you do that, save the file.

now, go to the main.xaml file and locate the invoke workflow activity for the process.xaml file under the process state. There, click on, import arguments to refresh the arguments.

now, you will see the new expected argument with the direction as “In”. For that, provide the transactionNumber variable so that the value of the transaction number variable will be passed to the process xaml file when it is executed…

Make sense?

Now, give it a run and see how it goes… Hope i was simple enough for you to understand… if not, let me know

1 Like

@Lahiru.Fernando - I have created the “in_TransactionNumber” with the data type of Int32.in process.xml.

I can see the invoke workflow as well

But what value should i pass to “in_TransactionNumber” and how?

also which value should i use in cell content?

@Lahiru.Fernando -Main.xaml (51.5 KB)

Followed the same steps suggested by you but still getting same issue. Please check in case im doing anything wrongly.