Connected unlicensed

i m trying to connect bot but i getting as connected unlicensed this is the new version orchestrator and cannot find any way to solve this can some one take a look

Thank you

Please make sure the following:

1. You get a machine name, when you type “hostname” in your command prompt. This machine name should be typed in UiPath assistant
  2. There should be a machine in UiPath orchestrator, with same name.
  3. There should be a robot in UiPath orchestrator, which is mapped to this machine and an environment(which you have to create before creating robot)
  4. Make sure orchestrator URL and machine key are correct.
  5. I created an unattended robot, it asked me for credentials to logon to my machine. You can get username when you type the command “whoami” in command prompt. Make sure to type correct username and password.

Did you follow all these steps?

1 Like

@Surya_Narayana_Korivipadu
Following the points above did not rescue me from trouble.

@Tharusha.fernando
I have checked Orchestrator thoroughly and got it fixed.
Assuming you have the right to do the changes in Orchestrator-

Step1- check your license capacity
Step2- check if you have an existing machine that is not connected to the machine you are working
Step3- Create a machine connected to the system you are working
Step4- Connect the folder with the machine you are working

Please let me know if my solution helped you.

Regards,
Ray

1 Like

Hi @Tharusha.fernando,

Can you go to orchestrator-> tenant-> licenses and view you machine license status there. It should be green, if its not please check if license is being consumed by another user on same machine? If yes, log that user out from machine, disable that license from that user under licenses. refresh the connection, your status should turn green.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

@Forum_Staff

I’ve a feedback here. Can you please get someone from UiPath to document all possible problems while connecting studio to orchestrator? Also can you ask them to document solutions as well.

I’ve seen many users facing this issue and everyone has a different problem which caused this issue.

Or else, this should be an easy process to connect studio to orchestrator. It shouldn’t trouble many users with different causes and same error. I’ve seen many posts in the same forum regarding this problem

3 Likes

HI
i Was able to fix this issue by apply this condition

Thank you

1 Like

Fair comment, we’ve spotted this and started filling the most common scenarios in our documentation here:

Naturally, we’re looking into ways on how to improve the process so that you don’t need to read a lot of documentation to figure out what the issue is.

3 Likes

@Tharusha.fernando,

Good to hear that :slight_smile:

This topic can be closed then.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Also can you try to give more specific error message or simplify the process of connecting robot to orchestrator?

We are continuously evaluating most common scenarios and adapting the error messages to provide more resources and allow our users to solve the issue. We hope to further improve on that in the coming releases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.