Cloud Platform: New version of Orchestrator Cloud
We have updated the version of Orchestrator Cloud running on our Cloud Platform - Community instances, bringing you the latest changes and bug fixes. The version update is targeted to reach our Cloud Platform - Enterprise instances next week.
For details on everything that was included in this update, please check our Cloud Platform release notes.
Unattended on Steroids
Machine templates in modern folders remove the necessity of defining a Cartesian product between the sets of users and machines, in the sense that an environment with 5 users and 20 VDIs requires a configuration with 1 machine template and 5 unattended users instead of configuring 100 robots and managing their passwords.
The steps are simple:
- enable modern folders in Orchestrator settings
- edit the user and attach an unattended robot to it
- create a machine template and configure the VDIs or standard machines with its key
- create a modern folder and attach both the user and the machine to it
- deploy the process in the modern folder (no environment needed)
An important note
Starting with this version, you will no longer be able to start jobs or create triggers from Orchestrator on a Robot of type Studio or StudioX. In order to start processes from Orchestrator, you should use an Unattended Robot. Each Community account has 1 Unattended Robot included.
This is what you need to do to keep your environment trouble-free:
- If you use Studio in production environments via unattended scheduling configured in Orchestrator, use Unattended robots.
- If you use Orchestrator in development environments to schedule and execute jobs on Studio or StudioX robots, use NonProduction robots instead (concerns only Enterprise accounts).