Cixtrix automation only working attended

Hi,

We have a robot working in a Citrix environment through a remote connection in a windows server 2012 environment. There are some facts:

1. The proces was created on a windows server 2012 environment while connected with remote connection manager.
  2. The proces is operational while attended and connected with the remote connection manager, but only if we have the remote connection window open on our local devices.
  3. When we start the job from orchestrator without the remote connection open, so unattended, the proces won’t continue.
  4. When we see that the process won’t continue, we open the remote connection to make the process attended and instantly the process continues.

What is going on with our proces?

With kind regards,

Koen

Hi @zweerk01

Welcome to UiPath community buddy

Being with this, may i know why you were using attended robots instead of unattended robots,
Is your intervention is required while the bot is running, like are you entering any login credentials or any input before the bot starts its automation.

why cant we make this even a unattended process by mentioning the machine Domain and username in the orchestrator and making it complete unattended bot…

and on the above one, is the process of remote system getting connected is included in the automation process, if its not included we need to make it done automatically, and make sure the application in remote screen is maximized using MAXIMIZE WINDOW activity before all the activities that automate the process in remote system, as this would make sure that the bot is able to find the elements in citrix screen

Kindly correct me if i have understood the query wrongly @zweerk01
Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I’m new to this so my appologies in advance if I don’t make sense.
The robot doing the process is unattended.
It is doing the whole process by itself without my help. It is doing the whole process in a maximized window. The only problem now is that I have to let the remote access window open. Even if I minimize the remote access window the process just stops untill I maximize the remote access window again.

1 Like

No Worries @zweerk01
Lets go one step at a time

1. is the remote system getting connected is automated in the process…?

Cheers

1 Like
  1. The robot is installed on a windows 2012 server. The opening and logging in to the citrix environment is automated.
1 Like

great…
while creating the process, you might have included some activities to handle the elements in citrix environment…so is an activity named Maximize window is used before all those activities, as that would maximize the citrix window and we dont need to maximize it…
is that activity included…?

Cheers

1 Like

The maximize window activity is used for the opening of the citrix application. After it is opened, there are no maximize window activities because the windows coming up don’t have the option to maximize.

1 Like

may i know what type of window is that buddy @zweerk01
–use a attach window activity and select that window as element
–get the output variable from attach window of type window
–pass that variable as input to maximize window activity to input property and keep this activity in the very first and then place all the activities below this that automate the process in that window
Cheers @zweerk01

1 Like

Ok thanks for the tip. I used your instruction. Unfortunatly when I start the process with F5 and minimize the remote access window the process just won’t continue unless I bring the remote access window up front again.

1 Like

why did you minimize buddy…:slight_smile:
actually that should be maximized and that is our main intention
only then bot can find the elements in the screen
Cheers @zweerk01

1 Like

Kindly dont mistake, we are almost done
lets sort this out
Cheers @zweerk01

1 Like

No I minimize the remote access window to the windows 2012 server.
The citrix application window WITHIN the remote access window is maximized.

1 Like

Buddy the studio is installed in windows 2012 server or citrix application…?

1 Like

The studio is installed on windows 2012 server. The robot opens the citrix application on that same server.

1 Like

For some of our processes that require the screen to be visible we remote into a computer and from that we remote into the computer that will be running the process. Then we can close the remote session started from the first computer, and the second one will still have the process “visible” onscreen.

your computer → any other computer → computer running the process
then
your computer -x- any other computer → computer running the process

1 Like

Then if we minimize the remote access window means how will the bot finds the element in citrix buddy…
you are trying to access the element from citrix being in a local machine…and connecting to that screen with remote access window,
if the remote access window is minimized the elements in citrix will get hidden (even though yu have maximized the windows or applications in citrix)
SO WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THIS REMOTE ACCESS WINDOW IS KEPT MAXIMIZED THROUGH OUT OUR PROCESS. then only our bot will try to see the element in the citrix…

Cheers buddy @zweerk01

1 Like

Hey,

You could try this for running with minimized RDP window. This should be done on the local computer, the one from where the RDP session is started

Thanks,
Cosmin

1 Like

I will try this Inception method xD Thank you for the tip.

1 Like

This method worked. I set a remote connection of the process bot IN a remote connection. Then closed the first remote connection and the bot continued the process. Thanks :D!

1 Like

Glad it worked! Could you please mark that post as the solution so that anyone else with the same issue can know where to look? Thanks!