Citrix - Remote disconected execution

Hello,

I am trying to execute a process which interacts with a citrix environment in a remote session. I cant manage to get the process running when I am disocnected. As soon as the process needs to do any task in a citrix environment it stops. Neither “Simulate click”, “SendWindowMessages” or “SimulateType” are working.

Has anyone had this problem before or know how to work with it?

Any help or tip will be very useful. Thank you in advance.

It is normal behavior. Simulate or Window Messages won’t work in Citrix.
Please refer to the Citrix tutorials.

Ok @badita. Then, if Simulate or Window Messages do not work in Citrix, what is the best way to get that a process in Citrix works unattended in a VDI?

I need that a process in Citrix runs all nights at 01 am. The process runs perfectly when I start it manually, but it doesn´t work when I disconect from the VDI.

Is it RDP? This might help:

It would be 2) option. I need the process to work if I close the remote connection of the machine where UiPath is running. In that process UiPath has to work with a Citrix application.

Hi @badita , I am definitely having issue with Remote Desktop performing the needed type or click task when closed or minimized.
I followed your steps and made the necessary changes in the regedit.exe I created DWORD for both 64 and 32 bit AND SET THE VALUE TO 2. but they are still not working…
I get the timeout error message on the orchestrator.

Info: “Execution error : UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached.\r\n at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Click(Int32 dx, Int32 dy, UiClickType clickType, UiMouseButton mouseBtn, UiInputMethod inputMethod)\r\n at UiPath.Core.UiElement.Click(Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, ClickType clickType, MouseButton mouseButton, InputMethod inputMethod, Position mousePlacement)\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)\r\n at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)\r\n at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)”
Start Time: 2018/03/30 10:45:32
End Time: 2018/03/30 10:46:17
can u please suggest,

Thank you

@arivu96 @vvaidya @ClaytonM any suggestions here?

Thank you

Just a suggestion, you should look at execution logs if you don’t know which activity it is getting stuck at. Then, Take a screenshot so you can see what the screen looks like when it times out. That will tell you if maybe you need to do a scroll down or something like if the element can’t be seen, especially if you use image-based activities.

It’s hard to help with Timeout errors without more details. Typically, it’s a screen resolution problem, and using Launch Workflow Interactive has been successful for me with correct resolution and color depth.

anyway, it just depends.

I hope this can get you in the right direction.

1 Like

Thank you for the response @ClaytonM. My situation is a little strange, The scheduled robot on the orchestrator runs on all occasions ( when rdp is open, closed or minimized) but only when the RDP is closed /disconnected the robot gives me error. The above error is when you are disconnected from the RDP. The fix that @badita works for minimizing.( Thank you) but it would not work when disconnected/ Closed. Any other fixed suggested. We are on the verge of deployment of the processes but if it does not work when RDP closed. it will beat the purpose of automating.

Please Suggest.
Thank you

Hi. No problem. I guess my questions were more along of the line of “where” and “why” you are getting an error. The only way to find that out is knowing what the screen looks like when it happens. If you are able to pinpoint to which activity causes the error, then you can take a screenshot or possibly find a solution to the timeout. I hope this maybe gets you on the right path.

Regards.

The answer to Where is when the bot is trying to type into a certain field. It works fine when RDP is open and minimized but not when disconnected.
The answer to why is

My question would be why would the activity work when the rdp is minimized and not work when disconnected.
is there any major difference between two?

Thank you @ClaytonM

It’s usually because the screen is a smaller resolution when the rdp is disconnected. You could try changing the resolution in the UiPath.settings file and restart UiRobotSvc, or I have used Launch Workflow Interactive a lot with the 1920x1080 32 depth and have had success.

If you are using a TypeInto activity for the username, you would probably want to make sure it’s even on that screen of the website. Maybe something got in the way like a random popup? I would suggest using Take screenshot activity before the error occurs, then look at the image to see if anything weird happened. Also, if you use any Image activities, it won’t work unless the resolution is correct with rdp disconnected unless you use Launch Workflow Interactive or change the UiPath.settings(which I have not tested myself).

so the difference is screen size/resolution to answer your question.

Regards.

Hi,
I am also getting exactly the same issue…
I am eagerly awaiting for a perfect fix.
Please let me know if anybody faced the same issue and have a fix.

Saby