Assisted Robot on Remote machine

Hi,

I have a assisted robot license and want to use the robot in a remote desktop machine. I have few queries regarding the same

1. If I deploy a process on the machine, do the process work even when the remote desktop is closed/minimized ?
  2. The process that I have developed does not require human intervention, so is it recommended to use unattended robot for the same ?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @mayank.te,

It will work if you minimized, but not if you disconnected the VDI(background process can work without any ui activities even after disconnection).

Yes, using unattended BOT for the given process is recommended.

Thank You,
Shubham Pratap

1 Like

Hi @Shubh1801, Could you advice if anything special needs to be done to make it work while minimizing the machine? Also if we use unattended robot, does that process work even after machine closure ?

2 Likes

Hi @mayank.te,

Nothing special needs to be down to run in minimize state, just minimize the machine.
There can be error if process involves image automation activities.

And Yes, unattended bots can work after machine closure, but you will need orchestrator to control/monitor them.

Thanks,
Shubham Pratap

1 Like

My process involves SAP and Excel automation, will it work ?

1 Like

I doubt that it will work if you disconnect the VDI (Attended BOT).
I would suggest go for unattended BOT , if process to do not involve human intervention.