How to change the certificate if it gets expired in Orchestrator, v2020.4.x onwards?
- Import the certificate under Personal folder using the mmc, certificates console;
- Ensure that the certificate is installed in the trusted root authorities folder if you are using a self-signed certificate as well and as per the prerequisites;
- Update the certificate thumbprint in the C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Identity\appsettings.Production.json.
- Find the thumbprint by viewing the certificate details:
- Give access for managing the private keys of the certificate for the user that runs the application pool, from the same Microsoft certificates console:
- Add IIS_IUSR as well in the users along with the application pool user.
- Open IIS Manager and modify the binding for the UiPath Orchestrator website:
- Run CMD as admin and execute "iisreset";
- Browse the website and check if the certificate has been loaded correctly: