Cant drop activities anymore

Hi , i,m in the trial version and suddenly i,m not able to “drag”& "drop "activities anymore in the blank project.

Tks for your comments

Hi there @Jasper1,
Can you be more specific regarding your issue?

Are you receiving an error when attempting to “Drag & Drop”, or is nothing happening?

If it’s the latter, can you try adding a sequence first, then adding subsequent activities in?

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @Jasper1,

i hope you are using blank project.

First use Sequence/Flowchart to start the process then inside use the other activity

what error you are getting

drag your activity exactly Drag activity here in blank xaml.

Regards,
Arivu

Hi Arivu96/Mr J Davey

Thanks for your reply,s , today it is working normally again so assume it was a hick-up on the trail version

Regards,
Jasper

I had the same issue: drag/drop stopped working (nothing would happen when attempting to drag an activity.) I tried a few things that did not help:

• Exit UIPath Studio and relaunch
  • Create a new empty project
  • Terminate spurious UIRobot.exe processes that were in task manager (even though no robot was running)

I was able to work-around the lack of drag/drop by double-clicking activities to add activities and use cut/paste to move them around.

Drag/drop finally started working again after I clicked ‘Run’ to run a robot and then clicked ‘Stop’ to stop it.

2 Likes

I do receive the same problem, Suddenly the error started nothing happens when I drag activity inside FlowChart or Sequence.

UiPath studio was not allowing to drag anything inside XAML file, I tried all possible way.

Finally I restart my computer then restarted UiPath, This time it works.

I could not find the root cause for this issue yet but some issue with the studio related to Cache. so when I rested all the cache removed it start as a new instance which resolved the issue.

Thanks,
Asish

1 Like

Have you tried pressing ESC button cause this error sometimes occur when we use “Send Hotkey” or “Type Into” activity.

10 Likes

This worked for me. Not sure what was happening!

1 Like

However I did not use “Send Hotkey” or “Type Into” activity, hitting the ESC key solved the problem. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

The root cause for me is that, every time I try to “Indicate on screen” for a Click activity over a Chrome popup message, the drag and drop stops working.
First time, I restarted the computer, and it start working again. Them, after attempting to do the same, this happened again.

1 Like

@Jasper1, I think this should be marked as the answer. This worked for me as well.

2 Likes

This solution worked for me - thank you pdennis