Cannot Publish

Getting the following message when I try to publish to Orchestrator

Error: The process cannot access the file ‘F:\Users\Robin\Documents\GitHub\USPTOCreditCardPayments\2020-08-18CpagUsptoFeesAutomation\debug.log’ because it is being used by another process.

The files not open anywhere??

@Jersey_Practical_Sho Whether you have opened debug.log file?

It wasn’t open anywhere, since then I have restarted my system and am now able to publish

Hi,

I am not able to solve the same problem when trying to publish my project/package to Orchestrator:

“Error: The process cannot access the file ‘C:.…\debug.log’ because it is being used by another process.”

I have restarted the server but nothing has changed!
I have validated and analyzed my project and no errors found, but I am still receiving the same error again and again

Any Idea about why I am getting this error?

Hi @Daniel.Stella,

This usually happens when file is open.

Have you tried going to the file location manually and trying to do some activity with file like move file to some another folder may be?

Is it throwing error that way too?

Regards
Sonali

Thanks Sonali for your help.,

I have pasted the full folder of my project to a new server, and then I start receiving this error in the new server when trying to create a new package…

I’m completely lost/confussed about this error !

Hi @Daniel.Stella,

In this server, are you able to go to that location and delete this file if not needed and may be create a new one with this name?

Regards
Sonali

I did it… and also tryied to edit it and delete all its content, but nothing has changed.

I know this is an old post but for anyone who runs across it, I just had this issue and when I tried deleting debug.log in my project folder, Assistant had the file locked. I had tested this automation in Assistant earlier and now I can’t publish it. Very strange.

I recommend you to kill the process for assistant.

Open powershell terminal and type:

Stop-Process -Name "UiPath.Assistant"

After doing that you can publish and re-open it.

best regards,