Build your first automation - First Automation using Microsoft Office

Hi! I managed to complete the 1st automation with Microsoft Office but when i exported my excel to pdf, the pdf was split to 2 sheet. How can we format the exported version so that it saves as pdf nicely?

Lo he entendido y solo necesito práctica. Una pregunta: ¿con estas herramientas podemos automatizar cualquier tarea estructurada muy compleja?

I was trying to follow the exercise on the video and publish the project into UIPath Assistant, but seems like the assistant does not come with the StudioX community edition. Could you kindly advise where and how to get the assistant.

You should make demos up to date with the latest versions people are using. It makes it harder to follow with the variations in menu’s and options. Basically the automation will fail. Are you going to help with these types of issues and have a botnet actually answer live questions ?
Thanks

Hello to everyone

I have a simple question about saving excel files as pdf. When I save them as pdf they are not coming in one page? Does anyone have the same problem?

Buenos días, pase este tema rápidamente ya que he usado con anterioridad StudioX.
Lo que no he visto si se puede conectar libreoffice.
Gracias

Hi - After so many days of whether to go or not… Finally I moved on and after the first automation work … i am ready to go further.

Excellent

1 Like

Excellent step by step tutorial

Hi, this tutorial is great, I able to follow every step, except the last part of the video mentioned about UIPATH Assistant. I do not know where to click that to appear the pop up. Please help to assist me. Thanks

The first steps are well discribed : building and running the automations was very well discribred.

I stumbled upon the publishing since the UiPath Assistant do not list my process. I had to search a lot of time in the huge Orchestrator Manual until I fall on this article (Personal Workspaces)
Finally I did “mass enable personal workspaces for all accounts that use a certain attended licensing profile” because I do not understand yet my problem. But this tool did the job well. I got the creation of my personal workspace.

But I was not at the end of my journey. In my installation “publishing” means uploading the packoge to the Folder but it deos not upload to “myWorspace”. So I did this steps:

1. Publishing in StudioX
  2. I found the package in the Menu-point “Tenant/packages”
  3. Then I downloaded this package as a *.nupkg" file to my local projet-directory
  4. And only now i could upload the project manually to my local workspace in Orchestrator

Last hurdle to pass was this : Only when I disconnect StudioX from the Orchestrator and restart all I can acces my process on the Assistant.

Now my robot is working well !

May be you could add some hints in the last video for answering the question “What to do if you not already have your personal workspace installed”.

@Bianca.Dragu : May be you can explain me what has happend to my Orchestrator. Why I did not found “MyWorkspace” by default ?

PDFs and attachments are not there, links are dead

Great Tutorial

Same problem here

Solid tutorial! One additional item: because the project leaves the browser open to the final web page, it’s difficult for the user to know when it has finished with its task. Injecting a Close Tab Activity takes care of the problem, and leaves things “as they were” when the Process started.

1 Like

Hello, I did my first automation. I had only one problem: it didn’t work with desktop outlook app. when I wanted to execute the last part, to send emails it didn’t execute but in the StudioX it says that the program run perfect. It didn’t. I changed from outlook to Gmail automation and it works perfectly. But in general the course is very good and informative. I want to do more exercises, more simple automation to practice.

Very easy and intuitive to use, since I am using Office 365 I can’t use Excel Add In, but can get around it by indicating cell addresses in txt. Many ways to do things here, which means there are also many ways to get around any problems that may arise.

Very happy about this program :grinning:.

1 Like

The tutorial did not work for me because I have a problem connecting with Edge/Chrome, I tried to solve it but I cant do it (I Installed many times the chrome/Edge extensions)

For me the problem with not one page/missing a column if you remove start/end page is due to the use of letter format instead of A4. I changed the excel files to A4 and then the PDF is just one page.

I think the example was good but you should probabaly clear the PDF-folder and not just replace existing files. If you day 2 have 3 instead of 4 invoices you will still send invoice 4 day 2 as well. And if you don’t delete the .xlsx.doc-files they will be sent as well.

Hi Dragos … I use a gmail account and works fine.