Attended Robots Server Requirement

Hi all

Firstly, thanks to everyone who contributes to this question.

My company has only been using Unattended robots so far.

We would like to start using more Attended robots.

What are the server requirements for an attended robot generally?

Do you normally have one server with Orchestrator installed that manages all of the Attended robot users and then get another one once the utilisation % hits a certain threshold?

Or should you have multiple servers set up so the users don’t have to wait for the process to start?

I am just not 100% sure how it works. If i have one server with Orchestrator installed and 10 Attended robot licenses, what happens if all 10 trigger the same process at the same time?

Thanks again for your help.

Glenn

@gprobinson - Pls provide few more details -

• What windows OS version are you referring ( win server 12 r2 or something else?)
  • Are you creating multiple robot users in one machine?
  • Are you going to map each process with one attended robot?
  • how many attended robot licenses in your hand?
  • How many attended concurrent licenses available?
  • server requirements are based on the no of robots perform at a given time

When using an attended robot [Studio or Attended] jobs are not triggered from Orchestrator, they can only be initiated by the User on the local desktop where the Attended Robot is installed.

Orchestrator is used to provide the Nuget packages to the machine hosting the attended robot assuming the user logged in has permissions to the folder and process that was published. In addition to licensing the attended robots and handling the interaction for any Logs, Queue Items, Assets, etc.

Please see the following documents for recommend/minimum sizing from UiPath

If you are going to be installing Robot on a Server for a VDI setup, etc. The sizing will largely depend on what is being automated and how many concurrent users will be using the system at any given time, the footprint of the Robot service is pretty minimal.