Assignment 1 : Unable to proceed with Get transaction data workflow

Yeah…much…Clear…
Still failed to understand why WIList is not fetching at Get transaction data. PLease help on this.

@Leela_Javvaji

First about this error :slight_smile:

You are trying to invoke the Sha1 in Process.xaml. If you have it here, every time you come to the process.xaml, it will open another SHA1 page. So by the end, you will have multiple SHA1 web pages loaded which is not a good design :slight_smile:. So, you have to invoke the SHA1 at Init state. Ideal place for this is here, in InitAllApplications.xaml.

So, to do this, I did few things to get the data to the GetTransactionData state. Check the below steps and it will work.

1. ExtractWorkItemDataTable.xaml - create an out argument with datarow array type and have an assign activity to assign the filtered results to the out argument and save it
  2. In InitAllApplications.xaml, under the invoke activity of the above workflow, click import argumetns and for the new out argument, add a datarow array type variable to hold the results it is returning.
  3. In the same InitAllApplications.xaml, create an out argument of the initAllApplications.xaml to return the data row array again to the main workflow.
  4. From the main workflow, where we invoke InitAllApplications.xaml, capture the results to WIList variable you have.

I have done these steps. Just go throug them slowly and you can get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Lahiru.Fernando so much for detailed explanation :slight_smile:

Able to get now Get transaction data working :slight_smile:

HI @Leela_Javvaji again!!

Cool, glad to hear its working. So now it looks like there is a problem with your closeAllApplications.xaml.

Can you share your CloseAllApplications.xaml and if you have any other workflows called within it, I want to see those too…

Assignment1_0105_1023.zip (1.7 MB)

CloseAllApplications - Selectors looks fine. Not sure

And also my Workflow is running for 1st transaction only and its not going to 2nd transactiondata

For the attach browser, the selector is wrong…

Use the following selector for attach browser

<html title='ACME System 1 - Work Items' />

Still its same

You are still having the old selector here… Change it to what I shared. The selector you have there is not working. That’s why you are getting the error…

Thank you so much :slight_smile: its working

1 Like

That’s great news!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando

My workflow is running without any errors but with Process finished due to more transaction data. I tried to troubleshoot in_Transactionitem is showing as 1 when I kept message box for it in Get transaction Data. My script is moving from Get transaction Data to End Process Instead of Process transaction item. Arguments are looking fine to me. Please help me to understand where I missed again :frowning:

Not sure why I am failing to understand my missings everytimeAssignment1_0205.zip (3.3 MB)

Try resetting your ACME site data… it will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reset done but still same :frowning:

This could be, most probably your transactionItem is not getting any data. So check whether the WIList is getting data up until GetTrasanctionData.xaml. and also check within the GetTransactionData.xaml.

I guess you can use the debug mode to see the values that get assigned to these variables. Have a break point on top of the GetTransactionData invoke activity. Then do a step by step execution while keeping an eye on these variables and what gets assigned to them…

It will help to locate it

1 Like

I kept a breakpoint at Get transaction Data in main Workflow and at Get transaction data I tried to see whether WIList is extracting . For that purpose, I have converted datarow array to datatable and to string and printed the same( As in above screenshot)

After that kept message box for out_TransactionItem which has given output as 1st WIID and went to end process

@Lahiru.Fernando
Can you please help here. I have all my workflows ready for assignment but get stuck at get transaction data still I think I missed in passingthe arguments back to main workflow not sure.

Transaction item also showing only 1st WIID and not picking second one as well

Hi @Leela_Javvaji

Sorry for my late reply… Yes… I will get your solution and check for the issue… Give me a hour or so, because I’m still at office and will be leaving shortly :slight_smile:

Will get back to you soon

1 Like

Sure.Thanks alot

Sorry to disturb you again…Can you please help me to know where I missed

Hi yes… checking now…