Assignment 1 Level 3-Get Transaction error

Hi
The Work Item List (in_WIList) is passed as a null value to GetTransactionData.xaml. Can someone help identify where I’m wrong!

@preeharris,

your output is stored in WIList not in out_WIList. Change it and then see

Still the value of in_WIList is null

@preeharris,

Could you please forward me those 2 workflow files. so that I will check.

@preeharris,

1. In InvokeSystem1_Extract Workflow, which variable you are storing final result after scraping and filtering data ?
  2. In INIT state, to which variable you are passing that argument from System1_Extract workflow ?

mail ID plz

@preeharris,

Please send me that workflows personally and will check it.

@preeharris,

see attached screenshot. you assigned output to WIList.

Change the variable name from out_WIList to WIList.

Could you please show me right hand side part in Assignstatement of WIList ?

@preeharris,

Ok. Now go to Arguments, Change the variable name from out_WIList to WIList in the same workflow.
or
Change in assign statement from WIList to out_WIList

@lakshman
Changed out_WIList to WIList…still the values are null

forward me the workflow and i will have a look

@garywjd91
@lakshman
InitAllApplications.xaml (7.2 KB)
System1_Extract.xaml (11.2 KB)

GetTransactionData.xaml (13.9 KB)

@preeharris,

I modified your workflows.

1. Invoke System1_Extract workflow in INIT state and declare one variable like ‘WIList’ of type DataRow and pass output from argument named ‘out_WIList’.

2. Invoke GetTransactionData workflow in Get Transaction Data state and declare one input argument like ‘in_WIList’ of type DataRow and provide values as ‘WIList’.

Please find the same.

System1_Extract.xaml (11.1 KB)
GetTransactionData (1).xaml (13.0 KB)

@lakshman thanks. But in GetTransactionData workflow in_WIList is not assigned the values of WIList. When I try getting the error “WIList not declared”

@preeharris,

Could you please share your entire process file personally and send me. I will check and update you.

1 Like

@iakshman,

I have been having a similar issue, did you manage to find out what the error was?

Yes problem resolved @Ngonifrancis
Can you post snapshots of workflows:

• System1_ Extract
  • GetTransactionData
    Variable & Argument decl in the above mentioned xaml files

hi @preeharris. I managed to resolve it while debugging, I had not correctly linked the arguments, especially for WIList. After a painful couple of days of retrying and retrying, I finally got it… Thank you for helping…

1 Like

@preeharris! How are you? I am getting similar error. Been trying for 2 days and still unable to resolve. Attached are the key .xaml. See if you help modify my workflow please? Would appreciate it!

Main.xaml (60.8 KB) GetTransactionData.xaml (13.0 KB) Extract_WorkItems.xaml (6.4 KB)