Assignment 1 starting

I completed both level 1 and level 2 course. But I don’t know about RE framework. So I don’t have idea how to start the assignment. I just downloaded the framework file kept. What should I do now? The first and foremost step… I have the login workflow, accessing browser workflows and all the needed… but I don’t know how to start in the config file that how to put the credentials such as url and username etc… how to start… help me pls with the first step

2 Likes

Hi @soorya_prasad

Welcome to uipath community buddy
Hope this could help you to get some idea on how to use REFramework

Cheers @soorya_prasad
2 Likes

@soorya_prasad

The highlighted items need to be added. The value of the *_Credential is the name of your credentials stored in Orchestrator. If your robot cannot connect to Orchestrator it will popup a window at runtime for you to input the credentials.

Hope this helps, if you need more clarity let me know.

1 Like

After connecting the robot to orchestrator, do we need to create asset or simply type in the excel sheet?

1 Like

once we connect the robot to orchestrator we will be having an option in orchestrator called ASSETS where we have to create a asset and meanwhile here in studio, we have use get assets activities and mention the asset name that we created in orchestrator…
Cheers @soorya_prasad

@soorya_prasad

If you are using Orchestrator then use store credentials in Orchestrator Assets else store it in Windows Credential Manager. But don’t hard code credentials in workflow and also don’t write in Excel file directly.

1 Like

I need to know what is the first step…I just downloaded RE framework files from GitHub and have no idea how to start. Can you guide me step by step please. I am beginner and started course only 2 weeks before…so it is difficult to catch up.

2 Likes

I am 2019 passed out… so I am new to development. So I need very clear and full basic explanation please. Consider me as a beginner. I just downloaded framework files and have no idea about how to start. Can you guide me from the first step please.

1 Like

@soorya_prasad

Uipath Team provided walk through document also and please go through it first.

Please find the attached file for REFramework.

REFramework documentation.pdf (507.8 KB)

3 Likes

Ok sure… I will go through it and will reach back to you tomorrow. Thank you sir

2 Likes

I’m terrible lost as you. I’m felt confortable and good guided till start the Assignment 1. Now I’m a bit frustated. I need to be guided step by step. How can I download the REFramework as you have already done?

Thanks in advance Soorya.

1 Like

@Pablo1968

What he downloaded is just template of REFramework. And same you can do it from UIPath itself.

At the time of project creation, just select Robotic Enterprise Framework as Template and then follow walkthrough document in that assignment.

1 Like

In the uipath academy itself. In the advanced training level. We can found that framework template.

1 Like

I am confused in the login workflow. In the import arguments. In both user name and password the value column should be created with variable or simply the username and password should be given in double quotes?

1 Like

@soorya_prasad
Login credentials should be stored in variables after being retrieved by the ‘Framework/GetAppCredentials’

In the ‘out_username’ and ‘out_password’ put the variables for the username and password.

1 Like

Out password field is ok. But the out_username value field throws an error.
I tried to create variable for out_password field named password. It works fine… but when I try to create variable for out_username named username,I got this error. Help me plz

[quote=“nlee1131, post:15, topic:122559, full:true”]
@soorya_prasad
Login credentials should be stored in variables after being retrieved by the ‘Framework/GetAppCredentials’

In the ‘out_username’ and ‘out_password’ put the variables for the username and password.

1 Like

Can you try changing it to ‘username_var’

1 Like

It worked…thanks… but another issue… after creating password variable, in the enter vB expression field. I am getting error… how to assign the password in that field? Within the double quotes?it is in securestring format. So if I try to enter my password string. It shows “string cannot be converted to system.security.string”. What should be done here?

1 Like

Make sure your password variable and the out argument from ‘GetAppCredentials’ is type ‘SecureString’

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes