An internal error has occurred. It is recommended to restart UiPath

Hi,

I am getting the following error in UiPath. Is occurs more and more, especially after copy pasting activities or flows. It looks like my XAML file gets corrupted everytime I reopen it.

Capture

Can somebody help me please on this error.

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue when i run any downloaded workflow. But when i click on save as to save that workflow and open it again from saved file then it runs fine.

I think it takes some time to copy the file. Give some Delay Before for next activity so that the file is completely copied.

We have also been getting the same error ever since we upgraded from UiPath 2018.2.3 to UiPath 2018.3.1. We are now running UiPath 2018.3.3 and the error still occurs.

It occurs when double clicking on a flowchart. Clicking on OK and then double clicking on the flowchart again does not show the error again, and it will not show up again until next time you open the workflow file.

The error can sometimes occur again if you double click on a flowchart deeper down in the process.

I have experienced the error on a completely new project. Suddenly the error occurred when double clicking on a flowchart, which has worked fine the previous days.

I have found a way to fix it by copy-pasting everything inside the flowchart into a new flowchart, but that only works half of the time. The other half the error is shown the moment I paste the content into a new flowchart. It helped to copy smaller bits at a time, but even if it did solve the problem, I have seen it come back again a little later.

The project runs fine on the Robot and in Orchestrator, but I feel this is something UiPath needs to sort out because it is worrying to see so many errors and not being able to fix it.

The error I get is:

18.3.3+Branch.master.Sha.dad278851683d948236b522f6a0c8dd584803e65

An internal error has occurred. It is recommended to restart UiPath Studio.

Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelProperty(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty, ModelProperty property)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelItem(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemModelItemViewModel.LoadChildren()
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel child, ModelProperty modelProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelProperty(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty, ModelProperty property)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelItem(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemModelItemViewModel.LoadChildren()
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel child, ModelProperty modelProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, Object value, Boolean duplicatedNodeVisible, String childNodePrefix, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelItemCollection(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItemCollection collection, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, Object value, Boolean duplicatedNodeVisible, String childNodePrefix, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemModelPropertyViewModel.LoadChildren()
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.set_IsExpanded(Boolean value)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.DesignerTreeAutoExpandHelper.Expand(TreeViewItemModelItemViewModel rootTreeViewItem, ModelItem modelItemToExpandTo)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.DesignerTreeView.ModelItemSelectionChanged(Selection selection)
at System.Activities.Presentation.ContextItemManager.SubscribeProxy`1.SubscribeContext(ContextItem item)
at System.Activities.Presentation.SubscribeContextCallback.Invoke(ContextItem item)
at System.Activities.Presentation.EditingContext.DefaultContextItemManager.OnItemChanged(ContextItem item)
at System.Activities.Presentation.EditingContext.DefaultContextItemManager.SetValue(ContextItem value)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.Selection.SelectOnly(EditingContext context, ModelItem itemToSelect)
at System.Activities.Presentation.WorkflowViewElement.OnMouseDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147467261

Delete the json file from the code path and try once again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What json file are you talking about?

I did this and worked fine again… My problem occurred when I opened the main.xaml, so I deleted the project.json of the main.xaml folder.

1 Like

Hi,
I am having the same issue. tried deleting the .json file but still the xaml file wouldn’t open. Were you able to find a solution???

Issue is still happening. I cant seem to get around it in any way. It certainly makes getting through the trainings difficult.

Hi @MattM

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you specify whether you’ve tried the solution to delete the project.json file and then running your workflow from the .xaml file?

Is the issue happening also for new projects?

Lastly, maybe most important, which version of Studio and of activity packages (as seen in the package manager) are you currently using?

Hi. I’m using version 2018.3.1 which is what our company has available for us.

The day I posted I did try removing the .json file… didnt help and it seemed like it was occuring with projects I created too.

I did just now try and run the solutions in Level 1-Foundations… Lesson 8 and still getting an error. Not sure if its the same error as when I originally posted (I know, not helpful) but either way, I’ve moved on in the lesson. I can repost if I still run into issues (haven’t created any additional new ones yet).

I came across this issue. I was able to resolve this issue.
I remember I had renamed the Bot name. I also believe after this change I was not able to get access to studio.

I opened the .json file. Checked for the name attribute. It was the outdated name. So , I updated the name attribute to the latest one. In this I was able to solve this issue.

Best,
Sachin

Hello,
Possible cause for this issue is:

1. If you copy past the workflow from some other system and integrated with another workflow.
  2. The file size of .xaml file is heavier than recommended limit.
  • Solution if cause1 : check the version of both the system and if it is similar or not
  • Solution if casue2 : Split the workflow and call through Invoke will solve this issue.

Hope this will help to get out of this issue.

any samples ?@Sachin

Hi there,

I am an RPA Developer and i am from Hyderabad. I keep running Uipath bot for almost 5 to 12 hours a day. Could you please let me know the root cause of the below mentioned in issue? Your response is very important to me.

When i am using Uipath studio especially to download files from website, i get below error
“An internal error has occurred. It is recommended to restart Uipath”

Please specify all the possible reasons for the root cause of the issue so that i can resolve it from my end.

Hi @Avinash_Nagamalla

Welcome to our UiPath Forum :slight_smile:

Does this issue occurs during the robot runtime or development?
It would help if you could submit a bug report directly from Studio (#FeatureBlog - 19.7 - Send feedback or report bugs directly from Studio).

Otherwise, it might have to do with a corrupted Studio installation. I would suggest a clean installation first to see if that fixes the issue.

I have the same problems and I installed the uipath studio version more than 10 times but I can’t find the solution. I don’t want to lose my robots, is there anything I can do? pleasee

someone found the solution?

I am facing this issue when I try to Build a data table.
When I add a new column and try filling out data cells, this error pops up.
I tried restarting UiPath but no luck.
PS: I am using the Latest version of UiPath
Any help is much appreciated.

Hi @SHUBHAM_PRIYADARSHI

Could you post some screenshots of how your flow looks like?