UIPath Studio Error

Hi,

Do you have any idea about this error?
Workflow attached. @badita maybe?

Thank you,
Bogdan

Main.xaml (75.5 KB)

That’s a bit ugly - is it something to do with the name of the workflow or name of something in the workflow?

We had an error at Line1 position 1 previously when the upgrade caused problems, but that information wasn’t particularly helpful so don’t assume the problem is at the start of the .xaml file.

RD

Thanks for the answer, Richard.

Bogdan

Hello,

I think that your workflow file was somehow corrupted.
If you open with notepad++ you will see only NUL in it. Usually the file should have an XML structure.

Thanks.

defining a variable as return text. compiler error

Hello,

Is there any way we can get the file back ?? I can see the Null when I open via Notepad++ and I am getting hexadecimal error when I open it with UiPath Studio.

Thanks,
Vishal Kumar

I don’t think so sorry :frowning:

Always back up your files - ideally with a Source Control tool such as TFS.

I get this same error when I try to open any XAML files. My computer restarted itself while using UiStudio (Frowny-face blue screen of death) and since then attempting to open any XAML gives the hexadecimal error.

• The XAML files are not corrupted, opening them in notepad++ shows normal XML data
  • I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling UiPath Studio, but no luck

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi @Foehl

Maybe not the most ideal option, but you could try creating a new project with new blank xaml file and compare it with the corrupted one in Notepad++. It should hopefully display what needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Trying to create a new project also throws up an error it seems, but at least this one is a bit more helpful. It told me my NuGet config file is corrupted and, indeed, when I open it, it’s full of null values. That explains why re-installing UiPath didn’t fix it.

I suppose the solution would be to let Studio recreate the file by removing it from the location. Did it work? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bingo!:partying_face:
I deleted the file and did a clean install of 2019.3 and we’re back up and ruunning.
Thanks Maciej!

1 Like