Error opening process in UiPath 2018.2.3

I encountered a problem with one of my .xaml files when I updated to version 2016.2.6379. When I try to open it UiPath tells me:

Most suggestions I’ve read includes updating and installing packages, but that doesn’t seem to work. Interestingly, as this file is a part of a larger project, the robot still works as it did before the UiPath update, and it doesn’t seem like there is anything wrong with the file other than that it won’t open. When I close the file again I’m given a UiPath Studio Error message, which “Copy to Clipboard” option gives me:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.Workflow.Designer.DesignerAddIn.Close()
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.CloseDocument(DockingWindowsEventArgs args)

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
@rkelchuri, @Ninett_Panfir, @Rammohan91, @ClaytonM, @balupad14, @Florent_Salendres can you please help me?
Thank you,
Cami :slight_smile:

Do you mean 2018.2.6?

I would suggest try renaming or deleting the project.json file so it can regenerate. You can also try opening the file on a different machine or user to see if maybe an activity on your machine is causing it.

When I see this problem, it is usually because you renamed your outermost sequence to something that it doesn’t like or you have a broken variable. I’m not really sure, and you might need to repair the file using Notepad if you can’t figure it out. You should try using Tech Support and they might be able to repair it, or private me the file and I can look at it (however I’m on 2018.4, so not sure I can help with the older version)

Regards.

1 Like

Thank you so so much@Clayton.
I’ll try with your suggestions.

• renaming or deleting the project.json file so it can regenerate.;
  • opening the file on a different machine ;
    -Use Tech Support.
    I’ll post you back the results :slight_smile:
    Cami