Add Chrome Browser extensions without UiPath studio

Hi,

We have an web application which is supported by Chrome browser. We are manually able to open the application and login.

But when Bot tries to open the application, we are getting below error “Cannot communicate with the Broswer, please check UiPath extensions”

UiPath extensions are added by following the instructions given in below link:

We cannot install UiPath studio to do the same as the machine we are using Production environment.

Please let me know if there is any option available to fix this issue.

UiPath version: 2017.1

1 Like

Hi @nareshrednam1, i think you could directly access this URL in chrome and click install.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Qui,

We already tried this, but no luck. Please let us know if there is any other alternative

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh

HI Naresh,

What errors are you facing when installing the extension? (“We already tried this, but no luck”)

Have you tried installing it via CMD?

Cheers,
Josh

Hi,

We tried both CMD and below link as well, but not working

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/uipath/dpncpimghfponcpjkgihfikppbbhchil

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Can you elaborate on “not working” please? Is it showing any errors? Is it present in Chrome, and it’s just the fact that the robot isn’t picking this up?

Cheers,
Josh

Bot is throwing the error: “Cannot communicate with browser”

Hi Naresh,

I also facing same problem, has your issue being resolved?

Could anyone send me the link to the firefox extension, just like the one to the chrome extension ?

I’ve got a similar problem. Could anyone send me the direct link to the firefox extension ? Would be very helpfu.

Hi @svt15851

See here for full guide:

Hi Naresh,

You can try this from another post:

Or you can use the developer mode in Chrome Extentsions, extract the crx file (like a zip file) to a directory and load that directory with “Load Unpacked” which resolved my issue. Please use the newest UiPath directory as shown in picture 4

picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4

Hope it helps!
Metin

@nareshrednam1 Have you found a solution to this problem? I have the same issue I’m running to at work. It seems that there is no way to install the UiPath Chrome Extension on a machine without Studio installed.