2019.10.4 LTS Patch Release introduces Agent Desktop

2019.10.4 LTS Patch Release introduces Agent Desktop

Agent Desktop

As some of you may know, Agent Desktop has been a part of our Community releases since November 2019 (19.11 Preview Release), and we are now proud to introduce Agent Desktop as part of our latest LTS release.

Agent Desktop is designed to offer a tailored attended automation experience and on track to become the one-stop-shop of RPA for business users.

It provides all the functionality you’re already familiar with in a more intuitive manner, but also some extra features to make attended automation an even smoother ride, such as:

• the Schedule widget makes it possible to set up a time or frequency at which an available process starts.
  • configurable keyboard shortcuts to pause/resume and stop a running process, or to start a particular process

You can easily access it through the UiPath Agent Desktop app from the Start Menu.

For full 2019.10.4 release notes, see here.

40 Likes

@radutzp
And Dear all ,
i hope this will be a most awaited patch release to the entire developers and clients :innocent:
no more headache for attended bot :sweat_smile:
no more windows task scheduler :man_mechanic:

hahah wonderful :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: : i think this will sort out plenty of issue that currently occur

The Beauty of UIPATH : Love you always :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rocket:

9 Likes

Wow… the most awaited feature!!! Amazing guys… So happy and proud to see this feature is now available in the new LTS :smiley:

Super awesome work guys!!

You guys rock always!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

its amazing
@radutzp

4 Likes

Amazing!!!

Tools like these make the RPA development experience better.

UiPath is awesome :100:

4 Likes

Thats amazing)
But, how can i set frequency to every 10 minutes? (Community version)

5 Likes

Can we use this without Orchestrator for scheduling the task ?

6 Likes

I was waiting for this great feature! The schedule widget. Great, great, great for attended automations.

5 Likes

How can I install it into my machine ?

3 Likes

If 2019.10.4 is installed, you should be able type UiPath Agent Desktop in the start menu search and run it

3 Likes

When installing 19.10.4 Studio .msi, after reading and accepting the terms of the License Agreement, the Advanced options are available for selection, one of it being: Use Agent Desktop.

Find here installation steps and below a screenshot of the Agent Desktop setting:

3 Likes

Does it also provide an option to pass values to input arguments like we were passing the values to input arguments from Orchestrator ?

4 Likes

Wow exactly what I was looking for

3 Likes

Similar to @Mukesh_Kumar1, does anyone know whether this feature can be used w/o orchestrator?

5 Likes

can we use my bot to run every hour

3 Likes

With respect to the feedback that was asked for towards the end of 2019, I am so glad to know my suggestions were taken into account. #UiPathCares

6 Likes

Hi @Mukesh_Kumar1! The answer is yes, the scheduling feature can be used without Orchestrator.

6 Likes

Hi @robot_learner! Yes, it can be used without Orchestrator.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, no. But It’s something we will look into for further versions. Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

Right now, this is not possible. But it is something we have on our roadmap.

5 Likes