2019.10.4 LTS Patch Release introduces Agent Desktop

2019.10.4 LTS Patch Release introduces Agent Desktop

Agent Desktop

As some of you may know, Agent Desktop has been a part of our Community releases since November 2019 (19.11 Preview Release - #23 by nerlichman), and we are now proud to introduce Agent Desktop as part of our latest LTS release.

Agent Desktop is designed to offer a tailored attended automation experience and on track to become the one-stop-shop of RPA for business users.

It provides all the functionality you’re already familiar with in a more intuitive manner, but also some extra features to make attended automation an even smoother ride, such as:

• the Schedule widget makes it possible to set up a time or frequency at which an available process starts.
  • configurable keyboard shortcuts to pause/resume and stop a running process, or to start a particular process

You can easily access it through the UiPath Agent Desktop app from the Start Menu.

For full 2019.10.4 release notes, see here.

41 Likes

@radutzp
And Dear all ,
i hope this will be a most awaited patch release to the entire developers and clients :innocent:
no more headache for attended bot :sweat_smile:
no more windows task scheduler :man_mechanic:

hahah wonderful :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: : i think this will sort out plenty of issue that currently occur

The Beauty of UIPATH : Love you always :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rocket:

9 Likes

Wow… the most awaited feature!!! Amazing guys… So happy and proud to see this feature is now available in the new LTS :smiley:

Super awesome work guys!!

You guys rock always!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

its amazing
@radutzp

4 Likes

Amazing!!!

Tools like these make the RPA development experience better.

UiPath is awesome :100:

4 Likes

Thats amazing)
But, how can i set frequency to every 10 minutes? (Community version)

5 Likes

Can we use this without Orchestrator for scheduling the task ?

6 Likes

I was waiting for this great feature! The schedule widget. Great, great, great for attended automations.

5 Likes

How can I install it into my machine ?

3 Likes

If 2019.10.4 is installed, you should be able type UiPath Agent Desktop in the start menu search and run it

3 Likes

When installing 19.10.4 Studio .msi, after reading and accepting the terms of the License Agreement, the Advanced options are available for selection, one of it being: Use Agent Desktop.

Find here installation steps and below a screenshot of the Agent Desktop setting:

3 Likes

Does it also provide an option to pass values to input arguments like we were passing the values to input arguments from Orchestrator ?

4 Likes

Wow exactly what I was looking for

3 Likes

Similar to @Mukesh_Kumar1, does anyone know whether this feature can be used w/o orchestrator?

5 Likes

can we use my bot to run every hour

3 Likes

With respect to the feedback that was asked for towards the end of 2019, I am so glad to know my suggestions were taken into account. #UiPathCares

6 Likes

Hi @Mukesh_Kumar1! The answer is yes, the scheduling feature can be used without Orchestrator.

6 Likes

Hi @robot_learner! Yes, it can be used without Orchestrator.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, no. But It’s something we will look into for further versions. Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

Right now, this is not possible. But it is something we have on our roadmap.

5 Likes