#FeatureBlog - 19.11 - Schedule Attended Process through Agent Desktop

@lakshman Can you please suggest what needs to be done. Still the issue persist

1 Like

@asatheeshk21

Have you uninstalled old version ?

@lakshman yes uninstalled old version and then installed the new version. Also one more thing want to mention here that i am not able to see that UIrobot in windows option. I went to this path to run the Uirobot.exe “AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.12.0-beta0061\UiRobot.exe”.
I did twice uninstall and then installed still the same issue. When i checked the UIstudio it is app19.12.0 and also in that Uirobot path and went i ran there also UIrobot 19.12.0 only. But still the same issue. Please suggest

1 Like

@asatheeshk21

If possible we can connect through Skype or Zoom. So that you can share screen with me. Then only I can help you where it went wrong.

@lakshman Sure, can you please mail me in this email id asatheeshk21@gmail.com.
I will share the details

1 Like

Hello guys,

Good News :drum: :drum:

Agent Desktop feature was released in Enterprise Edition of UiPath studio also. Install latest version and to work with this new feature.

5 Likes

Is the option to not show the reminder and instead just have the bot run implemented yet? Wondering for both community and enterprise edition. (Not orchestrator just in the robot)

1 Like

@lakshman - Thankyou so much for this explanation.

2 Likes

Hi, does the machine with Agent Desktop installed need license in order to start a job?
My use case is that business user will start the robot from his machine but the process itself will run in a back office robot (server).

2 Likes

My Thoughts on the Feature:

I feel it’s not scheduling, It’s just a reminder !. I was expecting it would behave like an unattended bot & start the process at the schduled time. But, thats not the case though. Robot will generate a reminder at the set time & the user has to click on the “Play” button for the process to start.

I strongly feel we should let the business users schedule processes attended robots. Customers who don’t have orchestrator will get increased value. Up until 2018.3.3 we could schedule processes on attended robots with task scheduler.

Regards,
Nithin

3 Likes

THIS!

This is the best purpose for the Agent Desktop. The current functionality is kinda useless. Attended robots are mostly run on demand anyways. Why not add automatic start? Uipath really wants their customers to be required to buy Orchestrator, so if they wont give us this feature why sell Orcestrator and robots separately at all?

4 Likes

I totally agree with you, If UiPath allows scheduling of Attended robots the number of customers buying orchestrator will go down! Also, in all the marketing content they put out, they should call the feature as “Set reminders to Trigger Attended Processes” instead of referring to it as “Schedule Attended Processes on Agent Desktop”. I feel it’s misleading to call it “Scheduling”.

Regards,
Nithin

7 Likes

Hi,
Will this reminder work even when PC is on sleep mode?

1 Like

No it won’t.

1 Like

Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for naming this feature “Scheduling”. The purpose wasn’t to create wrong expectations. It just felt like a scheduler for us :sweat_smile:. We will change this in the next release. Thanks for letting us know that the name isn’t right.
Regarding the auto-start: this product is meant to be used in attended scenarios; this means a human will work on the same machine thus making it improper to start a process out of the blue. The human may do something else when the process was scheduled or may even be in a call, and that’s why we cannot steal his mouse or display an Excel containing private info without her explicitly saying that this is OK.

Thanks again for your constant feedback. It helps a lot to know that every time you make a mistake, there is someone out there that will give you a heads-up! :bowing_man:

6 Likes

Hi

This features reminds the user to run the process.
Is it possible to run the process automatically without user input when the time comes?
Can we expect any such feature in attended robot

Regards
Nagarjuna Karanam

1 Like

i see nothing in robot window. it shows offline. could you plese help? i’m using community version 2020.4.

thanks!
Chen

@zouchen007

Connect this Robot machine with Orchestrator and then try it. And also make sure create Robot of type Unattended.

Hi @zouchen007

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Please make sure to perform a clean installation of your Studio Community Edition.

It would seem that it is still the old version (as the new version 2020.4 should have the UiPath Robot renamed to UiPath Assistant) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @lakshman @loginerror
I installed version2020.4 Studio Community Edition but not found schedule widget,
look…