Working on the same project with different servers

Hi there,

I need to learn how to work on the same project with different servers. Is there any best practice about it ? Our servers do not have internet access by the way.

Thanks

@Alperen_Tac

Welcome to our uipath community.

Could you please tell more details for better understanding.

Yes sure. We have 5 servers, one of them is just for orchestrator. We are not going to do any development in that one. Our team is five developers so we need to manage our developments in these 4 servers. However we dont have internet access on servers. How can we manage it ?

Thanks

You can place the workflows in a shared folder that can be accessed from both servers. Ensure that two developers don’t work on the same xaml at once. At an enterprise level I recommend you have a source control tools in place for this. UiPath now supports all the major source control tools. More details about source control tools can be found here.

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your fast response.

But I still have a few questions about this shared folder. It is our current working style. What if we want to work on the same sequence ? Do we need to update folders at the end of the day to continue from where my teammate left ?

Thanks.

If you want to work on the same sequence, you will have to have a source control tool in place. Even with the tool in place you will have to handle merge conflicts. I don’t recommend two developers working on the same xaml file. Instead modularize the workflow design such that every developer gets an individual xaml to build.

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like