How to work on a single project as a team?

Hi everyone,

My question is, what should I do so or how do I manage my project so not only I, but my colleagues also will be able to work on it?

Because whenever I receive any piece of work from them and I try to open it in my laptop, it just disappear and I cannot use anything from them!!!

Please help with with that. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi srashdi,

This may not apply to your implementation but, although we work on projects individually here, we split our projects up into different workflows that are then invoked. This means we can have reusable code used across multiple projects and , in your case, have several team members working on a project at once.

So you might have a main project that invokes another workflow (this might also more invokes within that)

Hope that helps.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Jakelewis,

The invoke idea solved the problem.

Cheers buddy :+1:t2:

No worries,

I got an e-mail notification regarding the drive issues. We use a shared drive for all of our invoked code rather than C drives so that may be something to think about in the future.

Glad you fixed it though.

1 Like

Share drive is a great idea, I’ll share it with my colleagues. I think that would be a greater solution to our current problem :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

I’d really suggest using a Source Control instead. Same purpose, much more robust in the long run.

1 Like

Could you please elaborate your point. I really appreciate it if you do it. :+1:t2:

I’d suggest starting here if you already know what source control is:

If you don’t, this is a nice entry point for TFS (ignore the parts that are only for GIT):

1 Like