Windows10 Compatability Issue

studio
bug

Hi,

I am trying to work my way through the Foundation training and at lesson 4 re: using the macro / desktop recording feature and it does not allow me to select panes / windows / applications - is there a compatibility issue with Windows10?

Hi @djandu2

Could you provide some screenshots of the elements that are not properly recognized?

Basically any pane /app on desktop in Windows 10 is not recognised neither can I select apps from the apps list

Could you maybe try launching Studio as Administrator?

Its my own personal laptop so not sure if that’s an issue but how do I do that?

Many thanks for your assistance btw :slight_smile:

If you right click the shortcut on the desktop you will get an option to “run as administrator”. If you run from the Start menu, it will be a bit more convoluted, but also under the right click -> more (I think).

However, I tested it on my computer and I seem to not be able to select any position from the Start menu that is opened. I reported it as a bug that will hopefully be fixed in the next release :slight_smile:

Hi I’ve tried running as administrator and same as previous and as experienced by you it does not let me select anything.

Thanks for logging as a bug - how can I escalate as this is critical to my company to be able to properly use and evaluate the tool?

Hi @djandu2

In that case, please contact our Technical Support to create a ticket with the appropriate priority.

But before you do so, could you explain your use case? There should be a workaround to what you are trying to achieve.

Hi Maciej

I’m basically trying to record key strokes, clicks in Windows 10 just to check the record function works and at present it doesn’t so I haven’t been able to progress to an actual use case.

Cheers

Dali

In that case I would not worry too much about not being able to select items in Start menu. Almost always a better option will be to use the Open Application activity that will open an application. I believe this action is also available from within the recorder :slight_smile:

Having said that, the Start menu not giving any selectors is known to our team and will be looked into :slight_smile: