UiPath Studio - Record option is not recognizing any app (not highlighting the screen element) and giving a run-time error

Hi All,
i am a newcomer here, installed UiPath Studio 18.4.1 version and tried hands-on to replicate from a tutorial. when i tried to do screen recording, it is not recognizing any app (not highlighting the screen element on mouse-over) and even when i force-fully open any application from run-command, it is not registering it properly. When saved and run, it is giving the below run-time error. i am operating on my personal laptop running Windows 10 (version 1709), so i dont think any admin privileges to be a reason. kindly advise.

18.4.1+Branch.master.Sha.bc66386dd8e2160b6d35f31d5ce934a5aa4cf4bd

Source: Open ‘explorer.exe’

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Selector not found
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

There might be some issues with the package UiPath.Core.Activities. Try reinstalling the same if it doesn’t work try downgrading the package by one version.

Thank you for the immediate response. I tried re installing on 3 different laptops, but no use.
Can you please tell me how to downgrade the uipath studio installed version.

Since You are using 2018.4 you may not see UiPath.Core.Activities.

Can you try downgrading the package as shown below ?

hi,

sorry for a delayed response. i tried as suggested by you by downgrading. but, still no use.
i am providing the screen capture through the below link. kindly check and advise.

regards
sriram

hi all,
i tried to install on an old machine running on windows 7 and it worked like a breeze. i guess there seems to be a compatibility problem with windows 10.
can anyone advise on this please.