Windows Service to start Robot

Greeting,

May I know is it possible to start a robot by using windows service?

For example : Start a process in my windows service to execute command like >>
“C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiRobot.exe” /file:“full path of your workflow”

I’ve tried the approach above and I can notice that the uipath.exe is running in task manager, but the robot is not starting anyway. Any idea?

Thanks

Hi @kahwai,
Can you give a try by slightly modifying your argument like below:
Program /Script: "C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiRobot.exe"
Arguments: /monitored /executor /file:“full path of Main.xaml or workflow”

Hi @jibanjyoti,

Im facing an exception after i change and start my windows service >
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —>

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/UiPath/service/duplex/agent/SYSTEM that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. —> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe endpoint ‘net.pipe://localhost/UiPath/service/duplex/agent/SYSTEM’ could not be found on your local machine.

I already turned on all the pipe related features in Windows Features. Any idea?

Thanks

In which activity you are getting this error?
It seems some WCF related errors you are getting.
Kindly check your URL.

Can you please explain what is your requirement?

Im trying to run the command to start a robot as in my first post. There are nothing related to WCF in my workflow which is just some excel scrapping.
However, when I trying to run the command in Command Prompt myself, the robot is working perfectly. I only face this problem when I try to execute the command and start the robot in a Windows Service.

@kahwai, Even I am facing the same issue. Bot is working perfectly from cmd but when triggering from WCF the below error is thrown

error message : {“message”:"System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/UiPath/service/duplex/agent/SYSTEM that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. —> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe endpoint

Did you find any solution??

Do we really need Window services to trigger the robot without an orchestrator ??