.NET Application - Robot as a WCF Service Using Orchestrator API

It is my understanding that the Robot API is no longer supported so is it possible to run a robot as a WCF, pass input parameters, and receive output parameters from the robot WCF service using the Orchestrator API? If so, can someone provide a sample project?

Hi,

Check this link,

https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/start-process-from-.net-application

I am not sure this is the solution you are looking for.

I did find the link to this sample project but when I implemented it on Windows 10 using UiPath v18.1.4 I get the following error:

Exception thrown: ‘System.ServiceModel.FaultException’ in System.ServiceModel.dll
Exception thrown: ‘System.ServiceModel.FaultException’ in mscorlib.dll
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ServiceModel.FaultException’ occurred in mscorlib.dll
Could not cast or convert from System.String to UiPath.Models.WorkflowFileInfo.

Should this work on this version? If so how can I fix this error. I would really love to see UiPath keep this feature as it is very useful.

This is the actual error, some where in the workflow you are trying to convert a string as workfile info check that .

Odd! The workflow run with no issues in Studio. I keep reading the following in the forum:

UIpath Support stated: “It was supported before v2016.2. The support was removed for later versions
That’s a reason a note is already mentioned at start of document, Note: The Robot API is no longer supported. We recommend using the Orchestrator API.”

So if the issue is with the Robot API, who can this be done with Orchestrator API?