Why occurs "Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions" on a non remote desktop environment

have was working on a web page, with a standalone robot installer locally on a machine, the bot works correctly but somethimes in the night it gives me this error “Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions” and Im not working on a remote desktop, the robot works locally.

I do not have a screenshot bacause the robot is working at night I just have the log to see the error

I put the program on a try and in the catch just log the error

19:28:55.0092 Info {“message”:“error downloading retentions”,“level”:“Information”,“logType”:“User”,“timeStamp”:“2019-06-04T19:28:55.0052169-05:00”,“fingerprint”:“”,“windowsIdentity”:“”,“machineName”:“”,“processName”:“retentions”,“processVersion”:“1.0.0”,“jobId”:“”,“robotName”:“”,“machineId”:0}
19:28:55.0092 Error {“message”:“UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions.\r\n at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Click(Int32 dx, Int32 dy, UiClickType clickType, UiMouseButton mouseBtn, UiInputMethod inputMethod)\r\n at UiPath.Core.UiElement.ClickImpl(Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, ClickType clickType, MouseButton mouseButton, InputMethod inputMethod, Position mousePlacement, Boolean areOffsetsNormalized)\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)”,“level”:“Error”,“logType”:“User”,“timeStamp”:“2019-06-04T19:28:55.0092208-05:00”,“fingerprint”:“”,“windowsIdentity”:“”,“machineName”:“”,“processName”:“retentions”,“processVersion”:“1.0.0”,“jobId”:“”,“robotName”:“”,“machineId”:0,“fileName”:“Main”}

Anyone knows what happened this, bacuase I see that is pretty common on remote desktop environments, but im not on remote desktop, the robot is installed locally on the machine

1 Like

Have you checked this old thread?

this post no, but it talks about orchestrator and Im not ussing it, is just a standalone robot running from UiPath Studio CE, the robot is under currently in development