Why does 'SaveCopy' save the email to 'Drafts' folder? - Send Exchange Mail Message Activity

Hi Community,

Looking for some input and feedback or additional suggestions for my problem :slight_smile:

Scenario:
Inbox receives an email. For some emails I am sending back a reply. The reply is to the original sender from/onbehalf of a Shared Mailbox (example: Product3@business.com.au). Sent from the Shared Mailbox not the personal inbox.

Requirement:
Save each auto reply email into the sent items of the ‘Product3’ Shared Mailbox. Allowing user validation/review when required.

What is happening:
When I tick the property ‘SaveCopy’ it saves a copy of the sent email to the ‘Drafts’ folder of the personal inbox(its not in draft, its a copy of the sent email). It does send from the Shared Mailbox correctly but just doesn’t save in the correct location imo.

What I thought would happen:
Save a copy of the email in the “Sent Items” folder of the Shared Mailbox. This is so other users can see the response and validate what was sent.

Possible Solutions:

Option 1:
Insert more activities to: Collect/‘get’ the ‘email copy’ from the personal drafts folder and move it to the designated ‘Sent Items’ folder of the Shared/Product3 inbox.

Option 2:
Add a BCC asset with mail rule to move the ‘copy’ to the ‘Sent Items’ folder of the Product3 inbox. This would be very simple to do.

Have you solved this problem before? Your suggestions are very welcome :slight_smile:

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you :blush:

Cheers

Steve

1 Like

Hey @Steven_McKeering

Could you please also show the full props you are passing ?

Thanks
#nK

Hello @Nithinkrishna

Additional screenshots attached below.

Cheers

Steve

1 Like

Okay @Steven_McKeering

The user name and password you pass for this is for the shared mailbox right ?

Also the from address ?

Exchange Connection is already established at Init and the connection is passed around the workflow.

Does that answer your question/help you?

1 Like

Hey @Steven_McKeering

What method you are using for it in init ?

And I hope you are passing the details for the shared mailbox ?

Thanks
#nK

Hey @Nithinkrishna

I am using WindowsIntegrated.

The Shared inbox details are being passed from Orch Assets (via config file).

1 Like