When is a best practice to use Find and Replace vs. Replace Text?

I have extracted values from a file using Find Matching Pattern and stored them as a variable(NameMatch). I have a Word letter template, that I need to take all the extracted names located and place them in the Word Letter template(keyword:<>) as individual letters to each name extracted. Is it best practice to use Find and Replace or Replace Text and why? In both I am receiving an error BC30512. It appears that may be related to data type, but I do not see how to correct for Studio X users. Any assistance in resolving either or these issues/questions is appreciated. Thanks for your feedback.

You should use the Word activities (ie Replace Text in Document) because it’s what they’re designed for. If you’re getting an error then post screenshots of your activities and their properties, and the full error message.

HI,

If you use Result property of FindMatchingPattern activity, can you try FirstMatch as the following?

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.