What is the procedure to pass the variable/argument from a sequence directly into flow decision box

I have a sequence created, and i wanted to pass a variable /arg (string type)

from the same sequence directly into a flow decision box. I tried several methods and searched in various forums,but not able to get it.

Please help

screen shot attached

1 Like

Fine
If we have the sequence ready and getting the output as a Boolean or any kindly data as a ARGUMENT with OUT direction form the Workflow we invoke

That is if a Sequence A is invoked using that INVOKE WORKFLOW FILE activity create a argument of direction OUT inside that sequence with arguments panel

Then coming back to main xaml here in this invoke workflow file activity click on IMPORT ARGUMENTS
this will import the arguments from that sequence A

Now click on the Arguments property in that invoke workflow file activity and assign that OUT argument with a variable of similar type

Then that variable can be used in the FLOW DECISION as it now holds the value of that OUT argument

Cheers @Ram0803

@Palaniyappan

Thanks for this,i will try and get back

Sure
@Ram0803

if you want to use one variable throughout the sequence with all workflows →
create a variable in the sequence (assign to the global scope)
create in/out argument in each workflows and assign/pass the same variable.

@Palaniyappan

I am sorry , I am Not able to get you actually, can u please share some screen shot or something like that?

Thanks for this

1 Like

Hi @GBK

Not able to find the option to assign the variable to global scope,can u share some screen shot for this?

Kindly share your xaml if possible
Cheers @Ram0803

Fine
In flow decision which argument you would like to check and what condition you want to add
@Ram0803

Basically i wanted to check from the mentioned sequence (workflow) file (screen shot attached), if there is no data read from the excel file, then it should be false and should execute “Sequence_2” and if there is some data from the excel then it should execute “Sequence_1”

Please refer the screen shot attached

Create a OUT argument like this in the Invoke workflow file activity before the FLOW DECISION activity

then get that out argument value to a variable created in Main.xaml
like this

then in FLOW DECISION use a conditon like this
int_noRows = 0

Cheers @Ram0803

@Palaniyappan

Sorry,no luck for me, could you please share me the same xaml file with corrected one, I mean to say project (zipped file)

Thanks for this

:grinning:

Test.zip (4.6 KB)
@Ram0803 - check this can help you…

Thanks Girish,

I will check and get back

@GBK and @Palaniyappan

Thanks for your help…it worked…

:v:

1 Like

Cheers @Ram0803