How do I pass arguments between three different workflows?

Hello community,

I have been struggling with figuring out how arguments work. As an example, I have a very simple workflow called Main.

Inside of the Main workflow, there are two invoked workflows, one called Choice Sequence, one called Answer Sequence.

The choice sequence asks you what your first name is, passes it into an argument, then brings it into the main workflow. I need that first name argument to then pass from the Main workflow into the Answer Sequence and into the “Message Box” activity where it brings up your answer choices.

I am attaching this simple workflow into this post. Will someone please help me complete it or tell me how I can accomplish this?
Answer Sequence.xaml (4.2 KB) Choice Sequence.xaml (4.1 KB) Main.xaml (4.3 KB) project.json (997 Bytes)

Hi @hall1570,

In your Main, declare a variable that will contain the value of firstName from Choice Sequence. Click on the Import Arguments of Choice Sequence XAML then place the variable you have just created in Value column then click Ok.

In your Answer Sequence, declare an IN argument for firstName then save. Going back to your Main, click on the Import Arguments of Answer Sequence, then place the first name variable you created in Value column then click Ok.

Hello @hall1570, simple Instructions for a beginners.
Step 1 - In choice sequence, Create argument named first_name_out as Out argument.
Step 2 - Go to main sequence and Create a variable as first_name_main_variable
Step 3 - Go to invoke workflow activity of choice sequence and in import arguments assign the variable first_name_main_variable corresponding to first_name_out argument
Step 4 - Go inside the answer choices Create argument named first_name_in as In.
Step 5 - Go to invoke workflow activity of answer sequence and in import arguments assign the variable first_name_main_variable corresponding to first_name_in argument

3 Likes

Worked perfectly, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.