What is the difference of Host based licensing vs. Tenant based licensing?

Hi, All. We are currently using host-based licensing in our orchestrator.

I have 3 questions.

1. Which is better to use, host-based licensing or tenant-based licensing?

2. In the license tab in tenant host under Unattended it is displaying “12 runtimes of 12”. Does this mean we have 12 unattended licenses available which are already allocated and are not expired? This is just for confirming, as I am having a doubt that maybe our old license which is already expired is also in that total too.

3. We can’t retrieve the license keys we are using per machine. Is there any way to retrieve that? we tried several ways, by using UIPathLicenseTool.exe no luck, tried to retrieve the details in the database itself no luck. The license key column is displaying the NULL value.

Hi @altheanicoletorno,

Please refer to the guide link to know about licensing: User License Management
Legacy License Management

Below links also might be useful for you to understand licensing part:

https://licensing.uipath.com/

UiPath Robot

About Licensing

About To fast-track your deployment time and easily manage activation from a centralized location, Robot licensing is available in Orchestrator, on a per tenant basis, in the License page. Here you can upload, renew, or remove a license with just a…

UiPath Orchestrator

Licensing

To fast-track your deployment time and easily manage activation from a centralized location, Robot licensing is available in Orchestrator, in the License page both at host and tenant level. Here you can activate, renew, remove, and allocate licenses…

And if this doesn’t answer your questions, please raise a support ticket on customer portal.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi,

Do you use on-premise OC?

Which is better to use, host-based licensing or tenant-based licensing?

It depends on your requirement. If you need to move license from a tenant to other, host-base license (One License per Multiple Tenants) is better.

In the license tab in tenant host under Unattended it is displaying “12 runtimes of 12”. Does this mean we have 12 unattended licenses available which are already allocated and are not expired? This is just for confirming, as I am having a doubt that maybe our old license which is already expired is also in that total too.

In general, Robot/Studiio license is integrated to orchestrator license. So all the expiration date is same.

We can’t retrieve the license keys we are using per machine. Is there any way to retrieve that? we tried several ways, by using UIPathLicenseTool.exe no luck, tried to retrieve the details in the database itself no luck. The license key column is displaying the NULL value.

As license is integrated to OC, there is no concept to distribute each own key to robot/studio.

Regards,

1 Like

Yes, our license is integrated into OC. Thanks for explaining I now understand it clearly!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.