What is the Difference of All the Scoping Activities?

As far as I know, there are many activities to “define a scope” to all the activities under it,
and that sometimes there are activities which cannot run without a scope above it (like Type Text Activity).

But how do these differ from each other and when should I use which one?
1 Open Browser
2 Attach Browser
3 Open Application
4 Attach Window
5 Get Active Window
6 Element Scope

been looking for it but doesn’t find any satisfying explanation about this.

(This problem made me thought of the above question,
so I think that by understanding the above I will have better understanding about the below)
Want to open browser and access a web page, but when I use Open Browser it often leads to exceptions like this. So I thought to use Start Process to open the browser, and Type Into the address bar the URL. But Type Into needs a scope, which one should I use? (By the way, Attach Browser and Attach Window now working) with exception:
Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: (XAML included, open-browser.xaml (6.6 KB)
)

Any insight is appreciated.

Hello!

Are you still having the Open Browser issue?

Check if you can solve it using this guide:

About the Scoping Activities, you can check it all on the following knowledge base:

Regards,

1. Open Browser: Enables us to open a browser with a specified URL and execute multiple activities within it.

2. Attach Browser: Enables us to attach to an already opened browser and perform multiple actions within it. This activity is also automatically generated when using the Web recorder.

3. Open Application: Launches an application and enables us to perform multiple actions within it. Using this activity, we can pass the arguments as well.

4. Attach Window: Enables us to attach to an already opened window and perform multiple actions within it. This activity is also automatically generated when using the Desktop recorder.

5. Get Active Window: Retrieves the current active Window and enables us to perform multiple actions within it.

6. Element Scope: A container that enables us to attach to an existing UI element and perform multiple actions within it.

You may come across most of the activities while going through “Selectors” .

2 Likes

Hello @Lucas.Pimenta, I was using Mozilla Firefox, and I guess the computer used for the real automation would have no administration right so I’m afraid it will become a problem soon or later. But thank you for the references, checked it all :slight_smile:

Thank you for the easily-understood comparison!
If you would satisfy my curiosity, as we know “Attach Browser” requires the browser already opened so I tried to open it using “Start Process” as in the XAML I attached but it didn’t work. Any idea why?

Hi,

I checked your .XAML file and tried below thing with Start process. it actually worked.

Please check by passing argument as “calendar.google.com” to Start Process activity and then continue working with it.

Then it seems like the similar error with the one i referred in my question (I have to clear Mozilla cache each time) and sometimes it works sometimes it won’t with no clear reason) :frowning: