Why need to use "<html app='chrome.exe' />" in Activity inside Attach browser

When we use Attach Browser activity and define the scope for the activity with in that why do we still need to use “” text in the selector fields of all the activity?
I tried to remove that line from the selector and element fail to identify those element

Hy @smitha_1989

You don’t need to worry about that, uipath technologies must be able to capture itself all the selectors by itself. If trouble is found use the repair.
This may be because the browser selected is chrome, and not explorer

Regards

I think i did not explain my query properly.
I have used Attach Browser activity and in Browser property i have provide existing browser variable that i got from Open Browser activity.

Now with in this activity i have used TypeInto Activity to enter some thing.

My question is why in Selector i need to mention “” . If i remove this line UIPath fail to identity the element.
The purpose of using Attach Browser was i have other instance of chrome running in task. manager, so according to doc of Attach browser it will attached to the instant that we provide and Attach Browser perform the action with in that

Hy @smitha_1989,

What I am trying to say is that your analysis makes no sense :frowning:

You do not need to worry about it.

In the attack browser there is an option for output variable. If you populate it you can use it another attach browser activity

Please check the link:

Regards

Hello,
The reason in am trying to analysis this is because i am facing an issue when there are already Chrome.exe with different web pages opened in them.Task manager.
When i run my workflow new Chrome.exe is launched. But it is not able to identity the element in that browser.
If there is no other Chrome.exe running in the background and then run my workflow it get executed with out any problem and it is able to identify the element
So i thought may be UIPath bot is connecting to other browser.
As suggested in commented also tried with UIBrowser output options, it did not help

Thanks

Hy @smitha_1989,

This is really odd, the attach browser selector should not make this happen.

O question to you: is it really necessary for those browsers to be open? According to UiPath best practices it is best to close all Browsers and Applications prior to executing the Robot. There is a ‘Kill’ activity to do that.

Regards

Hello,
When executing the automation on end user machine it is possible that they have already browser running on the that machine.
So killing the app is not a good solution.

Thanks

Hy @smitha_1989,

I understand your point

However, If it is an Attended Robot the best pratice is to close everything, it is important for you to explain that to your users. It is important that the robot run on it´s own without nothing to interfere with it.

Regards